Overclock.net banner

AMI Bios ECS A780GM-A Help?

3272 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  kz26
I am trying to fix this fro my little bro as he is a new comer to pc building and tried to update bios but loaded wrong bios. I did a little research and found out that AMI has an embedded recovery technique in the 'boot block' of the BIOS. In the event that the BIOS becomes corrupt the boot block can be used to restore the BIOS to a working state. The routine is called when the 'system block' of the BIOS is empty or corrupt. The restore routine when called will access the floppy drive (1.44Mb floppy disk drive) looking for a file named AMIBOOT.ROM

Can somebody please confirm this. Also where can I find this AMIBOOT.ROM file as many sites on google want money for it.

Here is a link to the Mobo.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...uID=-1&LanID=0

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
AMIBOOT.ROM is simply the correct BIOS you want to restore. Most AMI BIOS do have recovery features, but the board manufacturer/OEM has the ability to disable the recovery features. Usually the floppy method is always present - give it a try.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.