Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
most people will say anywhere between 12-18 hours.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
The longer the better. I ran it for 7.5 hours the other day and I don't think it needs to be done much longer.

It really depends on who is saying what it should be. Some people say 6 hours, some say 12, others more.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I would run linx as well since it makes the cpu run hotter and lots of times im stable with prime95 but not linx so I have to increase the vcore

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Run prime for 6-12 hours with random linx test (of smaller memory set, as to not overload the ram).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
it depends what your planning to use the PC for once youve got it tuned. Are you gonna be maxing out full load for hours on end in any case?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I run 3-4 hours. I see no need in 200 hour sessions. If your proc can run balls to the wall for 4 hours straight, its stable. I've never had an overclock fail after passing 4 hours of Prime95.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
personally, i turn it on when i go to sleep and turn it off when i wake up. so, anywhere between 4-8 hours.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
personally, i turn it on when i go to sleep and turn it off when i wake up. so, anywhere between 4-8 hours.
same here

if it's still running after i wake up, i deem it stable lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts