Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if it is possible to buy and amp and connect computer audio, tv audio, xbox 360 audio to the same speakers, and if possible it could hook up optic audio, anolouge sucks
Ty and if you already have a amp or sumthink that does this could you please tell me
im desperate atm haha

Edit: this is the speakers im currently using X-540 logitech

·
Registered
891 Posts
most amps only have 1 or 2 optical connections but you could definitely use that for computer audio if your soundcard/mobo allows.

as for the tv & 360 audio... just the standard red white cables is the only way.
unless you go for an amp with hdmi.

hope it helps!

• Rep+
Reactions: anthony92

·
Registered
891 Posts
ah ok. well there's quite a few amps with 2 op slots... but i havnt seen any with 3

you could hunt one down but its probably better to get a switch.
eg. Switch

·
Registered
891 Posts
depends on your price range & the level of quality you want... im guessing you want a 5.1 amp ?

most yamaha, onkyo, harman kardon stuff is good but it all depends on the model... probably want to steer of dodgy hi-fi brands though

maybe check out ebay to see what they have in your price range & get some ideas about models.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jebus101 View Post
depends on your price range & the level of quality you want... im guessing you want a 5.1 amp ?

most yamaha, onkyo, harman kardon stuff is good but it all depends on the model... probably want to steer of dodgy hi-fi brands though

maybe check out ebay to see what they have in your price range & get some ideas about models.
An AV Receiver is pointless when using something like the Logitech X-540 as this guy is.

·
Registered
891 Posts
ah ok... i just assumed he had some speakers to plug into the amp.
but if not, tudj is right.

·
Registered
891 Posts
well, those speakers don't have optical. you could look into a pair of z5500's and a decent sound card with op. Otherwise, the other option is to get an amp & some decent speakers, it will sound better but will definitely cost more.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jebus101
View Post

....but will definitely cost more.

totally wrong tbh.

·
Registered
891 Posts
please enlighten me

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony92 View Post
hi i was wondering if it is possible to buy and amp and connect computer audio, tv audio, xbox 360 audio to the same speakers, and if possible it could hook up optic audio, anolouge sucks
Ty and if you already have a amp or sumthink that does this could you please tell me
im desperate atm haha

Edit: this is the speakers im currently using X-540 logitech
you need to buy real speakers to do what you want. You don't have to spend a lot of money, but really what you are looking for is a good a/v receiver. audioholics has some on sale right now, including a couple lower model marantz models on clearance.
for speakers you could go with energy, psb, paradigm, etc. all make some pretty decent entry level speakers. purchase a pair at a time and build up to surround sound if you need.
right now av123 is having a sale on their elt525 series, which at regular price is very good for the price, at half off it's a steal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts