Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the rig from Cyberdruid, with the intentions of giving it to my dad as a christmas gift. Just had a couple minor things I wanted to tweak on the already sweet computer. I know you guys like pics, so here's some.
$2.00 - 3M Tape.
$6.00 - Trim
$9.00 - Acrylic.. or maybe it's lexan, either way it's clear and easy to cut, from Home Depot. Shuffed through the stack for a nice clean piece.
Roughly 1-1.5 hours of labor.

Addition #1, window.
Cutting stage, already taped and marked.

And some more cutting.

Done cutting.

Tape armor removed, lame phone camera I apologize.

$6.00 for about 6 feet of door trim at Advanced Auto, I didn't want to wait for shipping.

Finished product.

Another shot.

Last one.

Only thing now is to get a couple of red cold cathodes, and possibly sleeve some cables and it's ready to have a bow put on it. I gotta stop messing with this thing though, the more I look at it the less I want to gift it away.

Final pic, I found my old dremel (after I already dropped 60 bucks on a new one) while I was working, here's a pic of it. I plan on giving it away in the freebies once I get a few more reps so keep an eye out, I know a lot of you guys could use one.

395 series, works good.. wish I had found it before buying a second one...

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Yeah awesome work mate. Can I be your dad?

Also, with the door trim, are there different types and sizes or is it standard?

·
Nobody
6,466 Posts
Very nicely done. I can see why the more you look at it the harder it is to gift away.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx
View Post

Yeah awesome work mate. Can I be your dad?

Also, with the door trim, are there different types and sizes or is it standard?

It was 1 size sold in 2 different lengths, but this stuff is pretty industrial.. not gonna lie it was a PITA to get on, took alot longer than I expected, because it's incredibly tight, and thick.. if the radius on the window were even a fraction of a bit smaller I don't think i'd have gotten it on.

But, I don't expect it to ever begin to wiggle its way off at least. Don't think it would work around fan holes, unless it was greater than a 120mm hole. But it did work good for a window.

Edit: They had chrome or black, I wasn't really feeling chrome..

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
dat looks pretty cool my friend. And very nice of you to have decided to give away that dremel.

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Great work on that window...

Glad those 3870's worked out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts