Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://imgur.com/9Jk3ocr

It goes Pump > Rad > CPU > Res. I wanna change it to Pump > CPU > Rad > Res today and shorten up some tubing.

I also did have to flip the CPU block around, which may be affecting my temperatures.

I'm getting 60c under full load with the 3930k, It is better than before but I still think I can squeeze a few more degrees out.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The order that it goes in doesn't matter. Do whatever looks the best and as the shortest amount of tubing. If the reservoir has a port in the bottom of it then connect the pump directly to the reservoir and keep it suspended. That will reduce the amount of noise it makes and remove some tubing from the equation. When you said flip the block around what do you mean? If your block is directional you need to make sure it is flowing the correct direction. They barely work at all if backwards.

I like to keep things really tight and very little tubing. If you suspend the pump like this you won't hear it at all. I would move your reservoir as high up as you can get it as well because that will shorten up your tubing as well.

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
The only suggestion I have is to get some Angled Rotary Adapter Fittings (the ones with no built-in barbs/comps), and you will be able to significantly shorten the tubing runs.

I love Bitspower Rotary Adapters, but the Koolance and EK ones are also nice and less money.
Generally, I think around 2-4x 45deg, 2-4x 90deg dual-rotary, 2-4x 90deg L-Type single rotary, 2-4x Extensions, and 1-3x Male-Male Couplers is a good place to start. The male-male coupler would allow you to directly mount the pump to the rest via one of the bottom outlet ports, and you can use an extension if you want them further apart.

The best thing to do is to get a ruler and figure out the angles in the loop, and buy fittings accordingly. So if there is around 90deg angle between two components, then 2x 45deg rotary Adapters would give a nice clean run. It takes some time, patience, and planning, but the end results are sooooooo worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts