Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
We recently previewed the 785G chipset and had to stop testing as the early beta drivers were not mature enough to provide a full performance analysis. We have since received two updated sets of drivers and are glad to report that significant progress has been made in enabling a variety of features missing in the first set. However, a full NDA is in effect on the chipset now so that is about as far as we can take it today.

In the meantime, AMD is allowing limited press coverage (pictures with just a few words of text) on the 785G motherboards. We still have boards from MSI, Biostar, ECS, and ASRock coming along with additional models from Gigabyte and ASUS that we hope to provide a quick glimpse at before the NDA lifts next month.

http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=625
 

·
Efficiencycionado
Joined
·
5,587 Posts
so soooo sexy! and it comes with crossfire too. i wonder how much will this be priced? hopefully not over $120
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
Not to impressive.
Yeah... the "big deal" about the 785G is that it's the first to have AMD's new Radeon 4200 integrated graphics... good for HTPC, supposed to be the first integrated graphics that can run 1080p perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamikaze127 View Post
As far as I'm concerned... this is the first motherboard in the world to feature NOS.
agree. but be careful. some htpc user is going to push it to far and blow up their cpu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,841 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalLamer View Post
Yeah... the "big deal" about the 785G is that it's the first to have AMD's new Radeon 4200 integrated graphics... good for HTPC, supposed to be the first integrated graphics that can run 1080p perfectly.
NVIDIA 9400m can't run 1080p perfectly?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alawadhi3000 View Post
NVIDIA 9400m can't run 1080p perfectly?
By definition, since the UVD2 of the 4200 has superior image quality over PureVideo(video looks much better on my 4870 than on my 9800GTX+, so I'm speaking from experience) then no, it can't run 1080p perfectly.


Plus, with only 1 9400m motherboard on Newegg its practically vaporware outside of the Macbook and a couple of Netbooks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerikoh View Post
so soooo sexy! and it comes with crossfire too. i wonder how much will this be priced? hopefully not over $120

It wont be much
it was already on sale here in Australia along with a few other 785 boards (a month or so before official launch!!!!) but they got caught and are in trouble so they had to take the boards down

Here's a screenshot of the ASUS board and its price in Australian Dollars ($155) before it was taken down
LL
 

·
!
Joined
·
17,294 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

By definition, since the UVD2 of the 4200 has superior image quality over PureVideo(video looks much better on my 4870 than on my 9800GTX+, so I'm speaking from experience) then no, it can't run 1080p perfectly.


Plus, with only 1 9400m motherboard on Newegg its practically vaporware outside of the Macbook and a couple of Netbooks.

But 780G and 790GX have UVD2 too.
(Before you say I'm wrong because they're in the HD3000 series, go check it out yourself)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,992 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

But 780G and 790GX have UVD2 too.
(Before you say I'm wrong because they're in the HD3000 series, go check it out yourself)

And before you said I was wrong you probably should have done a little research into it.

UVD2 is feature ONLY on HD 4000 cards. The HD 3200 and 3300 only have UVD like the rest of the HD 3000 series.
 

·
!
Joined
·
17,294 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

And before you said I was wrong you probably should have done a little research into it.

UVD2 is feature ONLY on HD 4000 cards. The HD 3200 and 3300 only have UVD like the rest of the HD 3000 series.

No it's not. You really didn't listen to me when I said

Quote:


Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

But 780G and 790GX have UVD2 too.
(Before you say I'm wrong because they're in the HD3000 series, go check it out yourself)

Did you?

Quote:


AMD integrates their Unified Video Decoder 2.0 (UVD 2.0) capabilities into the 780G. UVD 2.0 offers hardware acceleration for decoding VC-1, H.264 (AVC), WMV, and MPEG-2 sources up to 1080p resolutions. Advanced de-interlacing is available when using a Phenom processor. We generally found CPU utilization rates and output quality to be near or equal to that of the HD 3450

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
The designs for cooling are getting quite odd these days... GPU NOS? Uh... Moar lanes? Or is that similar to the 7950GT which increased the PCI-Express x16 slot from 100mhz to 125mhz? (Or something along those lines...)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,992 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

No it's not. You really didn't listen to me when I said

Did you?

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=2

Funny how I can't find a single document from AMD that says it has UVD2.

In fact, the only official documents I can find say they introduced UVD2 with the 4800 series:

Quote:


Second generation UVD 2, introduced with the ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 series, includes support for the dual stream picture in picture (PiP) playback requirements of Blu-ray Disc™.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...-avivo-hd.aspx

Now, you see, the funny thing is that the 4850 and 4870 came out in late June, while 780G came out in March.

How do you suppose that happened?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top