Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Yesterday we reported Intel ran a video of a DX11 title instead of running the actual game itself on a live Ivy Bridge notebook during Mooly Eden's press conference. After the press conference Intel let me know that the demo was a late addition to the presentation and they didn't have time to set it up live but insisted that it worked. I believed Intel (I spent a lot of time with Ivy Bridge at the end of last year and saw no reason to believe that DX11 functionality was broken) but I needed definitive proof that there wasn't some issue that Intel was trying to deliberately hide. Intel promptly invited me to check out the demo live on an Ivy Bridge notebook which I just finished doing.
Source

In the article they have a video made by Anand and screenshots of the HD 4000 graphics GPU in the device manager.

Like Anand himself says at the end of the article, case closed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
lol, directx 11 settings on formula 1 2011 doesn't mean anything if you don't bump up the settings

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by raclimja View Post

lol, directx 11 settings on formula 1 2011 doesn't mean anything if you don't bump up the settings
What are you expecting ? That thing is at best 60% more powerful than HD 3000 graphics. No miracles expected, much less on a laptop.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raclimja View Post

AND that was a video
lachen.gif

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
While DX11 on HD4000 is probably a great marketing point, I still can't believe it will be powerful enough to be useful on most DX11 titles.

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon View Post

While DX11 on HD4000 is probably a great marketing point, I still can't believe it will be powerful enough to be useful on most DX11 titles.
At low-med res.
tongue.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts