Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Many people have no desire for anything other than a moderately fast laptop -- in fact, these people are certainly the majority by a huge margin. They would rather have reasonable performance and improved battery life, preferably in a package that doesn't weigh as much as a small car. On the other hand, there are users out there who want as much performance as possible in a mobile workstation. If you happen to be a member of the latter group, various companies are about to launch a substantially faster mobile behemoth.

Quote:

If that laptop looks familiar, you might recognize it as the descendent of the Clevo D901C that we first looked at in August 2008. While the exterior looks about the same, the inside has received some notable upgrades. In place of desktop Core 2 Duo/Quad processors, the new D900F will support Core i7 desktop processors, up to and including the Core i7 965. That means in addition to a quad-core processor -- able to run eight threads courtesy of with Hyper-Threading -- you also get triple-channel DDR3 memory support via three SO-DIMM slots capable of supporting up to 12GB of DDR3-1333 memory. In addition, graphics have been upgraded to support the latest mobile NVIDIA GPUs, including dual GTX 280M cards in SLI.

Quote:

# High-performance Processors: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition or XEON processors
# 64-bit hardware and multiple operating systems support (Windows Pro 64, Vista64, Server2008, Red Hat)
# 16 GB of high performance memory,
# Up to 1.5GB of storage with multiple high performance SATA-300 hard
# RAID 0/1/5 for extra performance, data redundancy or automatic backups
# High performance VGA graphics including NVIDIA's SLI GTX 280M
# Up to 1GB of video and the fastest graphics with OpenGL NVIDIA Quadro FX3700
# Large displays (17" or 18.4") in a portable form factor
# Blu Ray and DVD Burning on the go
# High Performance 1 Gigabit LAN on-board and support for 2nd 1Gigabit LAN interface
# 102-key desktop-like full size keyboards with separate numeric keypad
# Multiple I/O Ports: 4 or 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire ports, serial and parallel ports, DVI ports for multiple external monitors, S-Video In ports for digital video cameras, media card readers, Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
# Excellent Wireless: internal up to 450Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
# Internal battery allows uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.
# Excellent Surround Sound System with SRS WOW technology
# Optional internal TV Tuner for Digital and/or Analog Video Input

Source

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Quote:

# Internal battery allows uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.

haha, they don't expect you to be running this thing off of battery at all. This one is meant to be plugged in at all times.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
not convinced!

the 4870x2 faster than the gtx280. and there were news that the mobile gtx280 is just actually a renamed 9800gtx+. i'm sure it'll be faster with the 4870x2.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaroman
View Post

Source

1.5GB?

*** - must've been a typo!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerikoh
View Post

not convinced!

the 4870x2 faster than the gtx280. and there were news that the mobile gtx280 is just actually a renamed 9800gtx+. i'm sure it'll be faster with the 4870x2.

Can you get a mobile 4870x2 ?
and yes you are right , I believe the mobile gtx280 has a g92 55nm chip, with 128 cores(9800gtx+)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quakermaas
View Post

Yes, but it's really 4870CF as it does not utilize the MCM that is on a 4870X2 desktop card.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quakermaas
View Post

and yes you are right , I believe the mobile gtx280 has a g92 55nm chip, with 128 cores(9800gtx+)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220503

there's also one with a quad and 4870x2

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim
View Post

1.5GB?

*** - must've been a typo!

And thats on multiple high performance SATA-300's. Just enough room for a hard drive and a screenshot of your credit card statement.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I don't care how much money I could have in the future, I would NEVER spend my money on something like this... assuming it would probably sot over 3k € I'd better spend my money in a cheap dell or asus or acer latlop and updrafe my desktop rig or get a new one.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4 View Post
wow it uses the exact same case as my Rock Xtreme Ti. Shame the specs aren't the same though

Yeah, Rock are a reseller of Clevo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts