Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Be Quiet! has introduced its new flagship PC chassis, which combines the company's expertise in building quiet PC components with extensive modularity and customization features. The be quiet! Dark Base 900-series PC cases will feature aluminum finish, whereas the Pro version will also come with LED strips as well as Qi wireless charger for mobile devices.

The new be quiet! Dark Base 900 and Dark Base 900 Pro chassis feature a modular design, which allows switching sides of the motherboard tray, adjusting its height, removing redundant HDD and ODD cages and, of course, installing any types of fans and/or liquid cooling. Since be quiet! is primarily known for silent PC equipment, the Dark Base 900 inherit numerous designs ideas from its predecessors, including internal architecture that optimizes airflow; specially designed noise intake systems; noise-cancelling side and front panels; decoupled fan, HDD and motherboards mounts to eliminate any transmission of vibration to the case and so on.
More at the Source.

Very extensive video overview:

I'm really impressed by this case, especially considering Be quiet!'s previous attempts. They really have stepped up their game.

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Those leds are ugly..
Whats so ugly about them? And how are they different from the leds on any other case?

If its just because you don't like leds you can just turn them of you know.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURGER4life View Post

If it holds 2x420 rads this will be my next case
biggrin.gif
Well:
Front : 120mm - 420mm
Top: 120mm - 420mm
Rear: 120mm -140mm
Bottom: 120mm - 240mm

Note: As long as the front rad isn't deeper than 30mm you can still use the HDD bays!

( Just for those that might not be able to see the vid. )
thumb.gif

Edit: Funny thing is, even though it's all detailed in the vid, the source doesn't have any specs for radiator support.
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Those leds are ugly..
My eyes were drawn more to how hideous the house is than anything else. lol

Do all German reviews try to make it seem like they are doing a prestigious interview when reviewing a case?

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by damtachoa View Post

Waste a lot of space in there. Bad design.
Modular designs are always going to be less space efficient, not that this design is that terribly inefficient, its well above average actually. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And did you even look at any of the other features?

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
I love that design and I love beQuiet. My mate has 6 beQuiet fans in his rig and they are whisper quiet. I also had 2 beQuiet PSUs for my 2 rigs for the last 8 years and not a single problem.

Gonna remember that case for when I upgrade and see if there is anything more appealing than that and if not then this might be a serious contender
thumb.gif

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very interesting case. Definitely on my list if I need to upgrade anytime soon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Definitely one to watch. Was not interested at all in the previous BQ cases, but the modular nature is putting it on my radar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts