Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source

Quote:
These APUs will be using the FM2+ socket, which is backwards compatible with Trinity/Richland FM2 APUs (FM2 based motherboards are not forwards compatible), as well as a new chipset in the form of A88X, which as far as we know is for FM2+ only. These new APUs offer native support for PCIe 3.0 as well as DX11.1 and 4K support - something all AMD partners will be keen to promote.

GIGABYTE's initial FM2+ lineup will consist of seven models with four ATX and three micro-ATX:
G1.Sniper A88X
F2A88X-UP4
F2A88X-D3H
F2A88X-HD3
F2A88XM-D3H
F2A85XM-DS2
F2A88XM-HD3
Interesting that Gigabyte is making a Sniper board for Kaveri, maybe this is also a singnal that Kaveri will have 8 cores and replace FX chips as AMD's primary performance/gaming CPU.

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,545 Posts
Woah.... those are... COOL! Wish they released an m-atx version of the G1.Sniper though.

·
Premium Member
6,737 Posts
They looks like pretty nice boards, and have multiple PCI-E slots for SLI/XFire. Wonder if Kaveri FM2+ will become a nice gaming platform.
Looks like that rumor about high end boards possibly having a couple chips of GDDR5 soldered on turned out to be false. I always thought it was more wishful thinking than anything

·
Registered
456 Posts
Might have to hold off on an 8320. Loving the sniper board...
drool.gif

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
this proves that AMD may fight intel with the FM2+ in the near future... leave alone the FM3 them... i gues this is a good move by AMD
getting a better perfomance per watts with APUs and finally realeasing the khraken with FM3 superior performance...

do u ever imagine AMD making a cpu faster than a 4770k with igpu and costing less money?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

this proves that AMD may fight intel with the FM2+ in the near future... leave alone the FM3 them... i gues this is a good move by AMD
getting a better perfomance per watts with APUs and finally realeasing the khraken with FM3 superior performance...

do u ever imagine AMD making a cpu faster than a 4770k with igpu and costing less money?
I would swap to AMD that day. Hell if they can give me I5 performance in ITX I will be there

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

don't know if that will happen in the near future, but this is the direction I feel AMD needs to go in.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Can't wait to see what Kaveri is like!

·
Premium Member
14,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam72 View Post

The boards look good but they could do with some real heat sinks on the VRM.
Why?

Most power delivery systems on nowadays' motherboards circle the 92-94% of efficiency. Out of a processor that eats around 120W or so, that is barely 15W at full blast. It can be cooled passively by the PCB alone, xD

1 - 20 of 171 Posts