Overclock.net banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
The 4700x can reach 4.3ghz on one core. So I wouldn't count on 5ghz turbo. Maybe 4.7ghz. I mean it will be close, but TMSC process and amd's architecture isn't there yet.
Though if they do finally be able to pull off a push in IPC, it won't matter, if a 4.7ghz single core will be just as good as inte'ls 5ghz, considering intel kinda stuck in the same IPC for years.
If they do manage to beat Intel on IPC, it's going to be Athlon XP vs Netburst all over again...

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
All companies bin the crap out of their dies and sell best dies at highest prices to business customers. Be it CPUs or GPUs. Of course rich behemoths running HFTs can pay what ever they want for hardware. Don't dream about Silicon Lottery ever getting those kinds of CPUs.
I've noticed this trend for quite some time and honestly I was surprised it took them so long to do this...I think all the 9940X parts in retail will be "leftovers" from the 9990XE binning process from now on....maybe the initial parts contained some gems that intel realized hence the idea of a "990XE" SKU....

You want more....you will have to pay through the roof...nothing is left to luck.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts