Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guise!

So I'm getting rid of my X120e and was originally planning on getting a faster laptop, but then decided to look at Android tablets instead. I've taken a look at quite a few and really like the Galaxy Tab 10.1, but wanted to get some opinions from tablet owners before I drop the cash. Which tablet do you have, is it rooted and if so what ROM are you using, did you overclock it, etc. Thanks for the input
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
I have an Acer Iconia and I have no complaints. Haven't overclocked it
tongue.gif
. I did root it though, i just wanted to have the option incase i needed it.
tongue.gif

I also Bought my Grandma a Asus EEE Transformer and she thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
I have owned the Archos 70 Internet Tablet, the Viewsonic G Tablet, and the Asus Transformer.

The Archos 70 Internet Tablet was good as a e-reader, light browsing. It is extremely lower powered compared to tablets that are out now.

The Viewsonic G Tablet is the first generation dual core tablet that was out. It is thick, it is heavy, the stock OS on it was clunky and lack luster. What it does have is a great Dev Community that has been able to port Froyo, Gingerbread, and now even Honeycomb onto it. Its dual core 1ghz processor and 512mb RAM do provide plenty of power for it. The significant downfall about it is the viewing angles.

The Asus Transformer is hands down the best tablet I have owned. It has replace my laptop for home use. If i want to do anything that requires processing power I use my home pc. E-Reading, Messaging, Emailing, Internet Browsing i do all from my tablet while i'm laying in bed or on the couch. The dual core 1 ghz processor 1gig internet RAM and 16gig of internal space is plenty. It has an 8hr battery, micro sd slot, micro usb port and a great IPS screen. The keyboard docking station adds another 8 hrs of battery life, full USB ports, and SD Slot. So if you want to have even more storage you can.

When I bought my Transformer I was looking at it and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The Galaxy tab was thinner and lighter. The screen quality was about the same to my eye. It lacked the micro usb ports and micro sd slots that the Transformer had. That was my decision point on getting the Transformer over the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

One thing to consider though before buying a tablet at this point in the year. There are supposedly newer tablets coming out in the next month maybe two that forgo the dual core processor and are now tri core/quad core processors. Just food for thought.

I have my transformer rooted so I can make backup images of my tablet. I havent' done any overclocking as of yet and haven't loaded a custom rom on it either. I haven't had time to really do any of the tinkering I did with my G Tablet as life has become a lot busier lately.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I got to admit I never heard of the Transformer before. Is it a better tablet than say a Motorola Xoom? I've been looking at mainly the Xoom but not sure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluc13;15359557
I got to admit I never heard of the Transformer before. Is it a better tablet than say a Motorola Xoom? I've been looking at mainly the Xoom but not sure.
The Xoom is better than the Transformer IMO. Holding the transformer is very hard for me, on the other hard, the Xoom is very easy to hold.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think you should wait a few weeks. Rumours are the Xoom will drop to around $320 USD for the Black Friday sale. The even bigger news is that ASUS is suppose to be unveiling the Transformer 2 in the coming weeks. With Black Friday and Christmas around the corner i would say wait, I'm sure it will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Using a Acer Iconia A500, with 3.2 rooted, with a Thor kernel 3.8. rocking it at 1,680mhz so far with no issues for about a week. I know the asus has a better screen. But a little more pricey. And the quad core tablets are around the corner. So i went with the acer and tweaked it and have no issues but the short charging cord.

Please note, {I don't blast it @ 1,680mhz non-stop. I use it when i benchmark or playing intense games. Everyday browsing it is stock 100% speeds. But it is nice to know i got the get up and go if needed.}

I would decide on what you need and fits your budget. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input everyone, it does seem like waiting would be best. A quad-core tablet certainly sounds delicious!

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Definitely wait until the Asus Transformer 2 hits, IMO. I've heard that it will be here as early as Nov 7. I am counting the days

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
i have the asus transformer, hp touchpad, archos 101, and the galaxy tab 10.1. I am waiting on the transformer 2 to be released currently before i upgrade.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Transformer is by far my favourite tablet, with the dock it is just awesome. The touch is as responsive as the iPad, it has Tegra, the battery life is pretty decent, keyboard dock support, USB support with the dock, and very regular firmware updates from Asus, fixed the keyboard lag issues in web pages.

Wait for the Transformer 2 and get it.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Asus Transformer 2 with Tegra 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts