Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The LG Optimus G E973 is a phone with a hardware configuration that you only see in Sci-Fi movies. To top it all off it looks and functions great. However, one can't help expecting Apple to jump with a lawsuit on it when they see how the phone looks. After all, it is black with white margins and rounded corners. It may be infringing on their so called "originality".
Source: http://www.androidized.com/lg-optimus-g-e973/

·
Null
6,332 Posts
I wish there were some phones with hard tapered ends, particularly on the bottom. I'm tired of this "rounded rectangle" bull crap.

I mean, all it takes is an expensive marketing campaign to set the new standard of beautiful

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Gotta love this article.
Quote:
But let us stop making fun of Apple. I mean, those lawsuits are their only hope of staying alive in the business nowadays. They haven't released a product that can be called "good" since their first iPhone. All of their devices have come out weaker than most Samsung products out there, and they still had the guts to call their stuff "revolutionary". So when you have a large amount of money because people buy your stuff, even though it sucks ( people buy it because they are misguided and believe that if something is more expensive it is automatically the best ), you can afford to go gamble with destiny and try to claim that others are copying you.
13MP Camera, True HD-IPS + LCD, 2GB RAM. This phone has amazing specs

Did this guy even have the phone?

No pictures or video.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Forget LG. The phone looks good, and it might be powerfull. But LG support is realy bad.
I had the LG optimus 2X. Still doens't have official ICS. That is my problem with LG. Support after a phone is released. There is practically none. They make promisses but all they do is delay.
This might be their new flagship phone, but i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, just because the support won't be there. Unless something changed and they got smarter and finally realised that helping their clients helps them too.
I hope the this new flagship phone won't reboot on itself and it will get good support once they release a new model.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyravr View Post

Forget LG. The phone looks good, and it might be powerfull. But LG support is realy bad.
I had the LG optimus 2X. Still doens't have official ICS. That is my problem with LG. Support after a phone is released. There is practically none. They make promisses but all they do is delay.
This might be their new flagship phone, but i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, just because the support won't be there. Unless something changed and they got smarter and finally realised that helping their clients helps them too.
I hope the this new flagship phone won't reboot on itself and it will get good support once they release a new model.
I had a LG Eve phone and I was completely dissapointed. I was stuck almost 2 years with Android 1.5, until I got my Galaxy S2.

·
Banned
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyravr View Post

That is nvidias fault not LG's, Nvidia won't release the source code for hardware acceleration in ICS for there Tegra SOC's.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know its partly nvidia's fault. But as a company that uses nvidia chipsets i think its normal that you put a little pressure. It's like LG is afraid to ask them. Same as motorola. They need to stand their ground and force nvidia.
Its easy to blame someone else and not knowing where you stand. They buy chipsets, they deserve support and everything that it needs. Its Nvidia and LG's fault.
Even though its not only LG's fault, promising the clients that purchased the phone with upgrades and then delaying time after time is not fun. Makes people angry and mad. They should have tried harder.
I hope for them that this phone will get better support. I realy hope so, looks solid. But i wont by LG stuff anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
I still wouldn't trust an LG phone. Updates are apparently horrible as was phone quality in the past. Specs are amazing though but it won't be long before others jump on the Quad-S4.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Looks like a good phone. The writer of this article is juvenile and is obviously an apple hater. That intro paragraph was hard to sit through.

Looks a lot like my HTC One X, only with a quad core S4, Adreno 320, and the 13mp camera (which probably isnt as good as the 8mp backlit cmos wtih dedicated image chip).

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,087 Posts
Will never buy an LG phone again. I suggest that everyone here do the same.
Quote:
There is a planned upgrade to v4.1.1 Jelly Bean coming, however. So threat not, for you shall be able to update to the latest version as soon as it is available.
Yea
rolleyes.gif
Don't count on it. ICS has been "Coming soon..." to the G2x since last November and would now be redundant with JB having been released for a few months already. I will very likely be sticking with a Nexus phone (and tablet) from now on. After experiencing a phone that is always the first one to get each and every Android update, you'll never want another phone again.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
It's still an LG handset. Even in the pre iOS/android days LG handsets were just one of the worst. These days their track record is horrible, lack of updates, serious flaws that go unpatched, etc.

It would be like buying a new HP laptop, one of their Envy line or whatever. It might seem great spec wise, but you take a step back and see that it is still a HP...given their track record why not go for something that...well has a better track record?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Excellent specs but it's still an LG phone with LG software and support. I seriously doubt LG is going to support this phone beyond the Jelly Bean update. I may consider the rumoured LG Nexus if it has similar specs, though.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Damn, I would love to have that resolution and it is only about .2 inches bigger than my 4G touch. Though that is why I didn't get one of the S3's...there were a bit bigger. I don't want a phone any bigger than than what I have. Any bigger than this and I will want it to be a tablet. However, for this resolution I could handle .2 inches bigger bigger.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralord910 View Post

Excellent specs but it's still an LG phone with LG software and support. I seriously doubt LG is going to support this phone beyond the Jelly Bean update. I may consider the rumoured LG Nexus if it has similar specs, though.
Even if they were to release a Nexus, I'd refuse to give LG my business. It shouldn't take a Nexus device to keep your customers up to date with the latest and greatest OS that shouldn't take but a month or two to get onto your popular device. I know Samsung was guilty of the same thing, but at least the S2 has ICS now and the S3 will be getting JB very soon. They have at least changed their perspective on the issue in response to all the complaints.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.