Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after fixing my buddies Computer, I decided to let him use my 9600XT in place of his 5500, and I get an vociemail that says the 9600XT cannot play any games...

I am kinda angry about this, and I want to know why, I installed the latest drivers, I just dont think he knows how to set game Graphics, and now i cannot get a hold of him...

Feedback please....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish i could, i just got the voicemail, and i tryed to call him and he hung up...

the 9600XT should CREAM the 5500 anyway....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to know what he is trying to do, I tryed Halo PC before it left my house. the 5500 strugled @ 80x600 everything on low, wher-as the 9600XT played at 1024x768 everything up!

He has BF2, the only PC game he owns, I think he is trying to turn everything up..... and we all know what kind of card that takes....

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Well he needs to learn what cards can handle what. If your being nice and letting him use it, he needs to stop complaining and use his own hardware.

·
Registered
455 Posts
holy crap, just take your card back and let him try to play BF2 on his card.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
tell him hes an idiot and take the card back and let him deal with crappy performance with his 5500....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I was doing a nice thing becuse a 5500 is SOO outdated, and it was disgrace to his computer...

Well, it look like i get my 9600XT back...

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOS---

I thought I was doing a nice thing becuse a 5500 is SOO outdated, and it was disgrace to his computer...

Well, it look like i get my 9600XT back...

He probly saw how good your card is and now he wants to keep it. LoL.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I talked to him today, I guess the Voicemail was nothing, but I am still angry.

When I talked him, he said, "After I called, the video card worked fine", and I asked, "do you know what settings you tryed?" and he responed "What settings? where do I go?"

I am stuck in a desion to sell the card, or take it back. I think that if he dose not know how to set settings, then he dosent need a better gfx card.

Feedback Please

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just sale it to him and then show him how to set the card up, but in my mind he still isn't what I would call a friend

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just think if he dose not know how to set it up/use it to its full potintal, he dosent desrve it.

Feedback Please!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts