Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had to uninstall my alienware theme as it uses Windowbinds which conflicts with GTA ; San Andreas. Anyway I uninstalled Alienguise and then tried the Nvidia desktop theme from www.nvidia.com but thats made all my desktop items have blue boxes around them. I uninstalled the Nvidia theme but the boxes are still there. I'm up for a full reformat and reinstall of Windows as they are really annoying me now. If anyone knows how to get rid of them please post it here.

Example;

·
Registered
688 Posts
Display properties...the Desktop tab...bottom right above apply there should be a color drop down box....selct your color and thn click apply.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
what iker0 said will change the text background but to kill the whole background - Right Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > under "Performance" > Click Settings > Check "Custom" > Check "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop"

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responces everyone, unfortunatley none of them worked. However I had an idea and created new Administrator user account and when you create new user accounts all settings revert to default. It was a pain in the jaxie as I had to uninstall Microsoft Office and re-create shortcuts for all my programs but it was quicker and easier than reformatting and reinstalling the OS.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Welp, I know for one the solution I gave you works for your problem, so Im willing to bet Windowblinds decided to mess up on you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts