Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old school
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, so sometimes when I boot up the pc and I get into Windows (I see the XP logo and all) and after that I just get a black screen. This is however pretty random, sometimes I have to reboot about 10 times to get it run normally. Usually a fast fix for this is remove the videocard drivers and then boot into Windows and install drivers again. Doing this every time I have to use the computer is pretty annoying.<br />
<br />
Things I have tried:<br />
- Run at stock clocks and pixel shaders (problem still occurs)<br />
- Changed drivers (problem still occurs)<br />
- Used Driverclean and re-install drivers (problem still occurs)<br />
- Use multiple monitors (problem still occurs)<br />
<br />
Could the videocard be broken?

·
Old school
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still does it at stock clocks on the cpu. I have had this issue before, about a month ago.. it just disappeared and now it's back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have this same problem with one of my 7800GT's, when in SLI mod the bott screen logo would appear and then slowly flash a couple times and i just dealt with it, then when i went to install a second monitor my main 7800GT just would not recognize the second monitor for nothing, so i decided to reboot and i saw the boot logo screen and then the screen was just black, it would hang like this and then reboot its self and over and over this would occur, so i removed the second monitor from the DVI port and it didnt change anything so i removed my top 7800GT and replaced it with my 7800GT on the bottom and hooked up both monitors and boom it works with no problems, boots up fine and works for hours, nothing is overclocked so it just puzzles me, now im running my rig with a single 7800GT and my second is just sitting on the table, i dont havan RMA option or anything, any known problems with this?<br><br>
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
SuVic.... I'm having trouble understanding why RMA is not an optioin for you. Even if you bought the card off EBAY, XFX has a double-lifetime warranty on their cards... i.e.,, the warranty is transferable to the new owner.<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.xfxforce.com/web/results.jspa?section=product&query=warranty&pageNumber=1" target="_blank">http://www.xfxforce.com/web/results....y&pageNumber=1</a>

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, i dont own an XFX videocard, i own an eVGA but thats not the problem card, the problem card is a PNY and i bought it back in december of 05 so alot of miles have been put on it, the stickers on the back are distorted from being handled a little too much so the warranty is void if there ever was one, i just want to know where i can get it fixed if its even possible.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Make sure you are letting it completly boot. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes my computer hangs up after the windows loading screen. Do something else while it boots (I go to the bathroom) and give it a few mintues to make sure it's done booting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, i have watched a movie and cooked dinner while it just booted over and over again.<br />
<br />
Put all that time together, its about 2 hours that i just let it boot over and over again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts