Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Just got an EVGA 3080 ti XC3 Ultra Gaming. I'm using the 2 PSU cables I already had installed for my previous 1080ti. They are the variety which terminate in an 8pin and 6pin connector. As mentioned, I am using two of these. For each cable, I am only using the 8 pin connector. The spare 6 pin connector is not connected to any device and I have simply zip tied it along the main cable so it's not just hanging/flapping about.

Question is, is using two of these for each power input on my 3080ti delivering enough/same power as using just an 8 pin to 8pin connector? I happen to have two of the 8 pin to 8 pin connectors but don't want to mess with switching the cables if my current solution is okay.

Here is what I'm using. Again, I'm using two of these. One for each GPU 8 pin power input:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

~s1rrah

·
Senior OCN Member
41,223 Posts
As long as you are using two cables it does not matter if the 6 pin is not being used an 8 pin is an 8 pin so unless the new GPU needs 3x 8 pins there is no reason to mess around with the cables its fine as it is now

• Rep+
Reactions: acoustic and s1rrah

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thanks ...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Question is, is using two of these for each power input on my 3080ti delivering enough/same power as using just an 8 pin to 8pin connector?
Yes, you are fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts