Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,

My system has been giving me issues with BF2.

LAG LAG LAG LAG

As of now i have change video drivers several time using Driver Cleaner and using the 81.98 version. Why, because these ones give me the highest frame rate for bench marking tools such as AM3, 3dmark.

Now i don't have any issues with the drivers that i am aware of. Running between 80-105 FPS with in the game. Setting are all on high, excluding AA ((Off))
My ping is a constant 95-105 and doesn't change when the so called lag happens.

It seems to be a constant 40-50 seconds for every lag point.

M current system settings are as follow:
P4 3.4Ghz running at 4.016
FSB speed: 236Mhz X 17
CPU voltage: 1.4250
Ram voltage: 2.75
Ram timings: 3 3 3 8 @ 1.1
V/C voltage: 1.50

Now it seems to have started when the 1.4 patch came out and i am not sure if it is the server i play on. But when asking other people if they are getting the same issue i am. They say no!

Do i need more voltage some were?
Do i need to loosen my timings?
Do you all have any issues like this?

And yes it happens at a stock clock as well!

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury
Open the bf2 console and type:

/pb_sleep 500
/pb_write cfg

or maybe without the "/". Cant remember

What exactly does this code do?
And do feel this is a PB issue?

I also already updated PB 2 days ago.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury
Open the bf2 console and type:

/pb_sleep 500
/pb_write cfg

or maybe without the "/". Cant remember
I don't think you need the "/" actually... But what you do need to do is make sure you're writing pb_writecfg (no space!) after the 'sleep' command.

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by [)[email protected]
I don't think you need the "/" actually... But what you do need to do is make sure you're writing pb_writecfg (no space!) after the 'sleep' command.

So it should look like this?

pb_sleep 500pb_writecfg
pb_write cfg

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not quite... just:

pb_sleep 500
pb_writecfg

There may or may not be a confirmation message after pb_sleep 500.... but I'm pretty sure there's a message about how the PunkBuster settings have been changed successfully after you do pb_writecfg.

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, tried what you suggested and with no luck.
The lag spikes or delay i like to call it is still there.

I really have no idea what could be causing it. Maybe it is the driver I'm using.

Let me tell a little about me and my system.
I am very anal when it comes to my system. I do listen to music and i also back up my movies with it. But i do not store any movies or music on my system.
I always run anti virus/spy-ware/ad-aware/Spybot/CC Cleaner software on an average of 2x a week, including system tools such as cleaning old cache/history/cookies/derangement/error searching.

Here are some things I'm going to try tonight!

I upped the AGP voltage to 1.6v
I also upped the voltage to my ram to 2.9v
Also changed ram timings to 3 4 4 8 @ 1.1

Any other suggestions out there would be most helpful.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Presuming that the machine you're using has its System Specs located in your sig... It could be the graphics card.

That is to say, even OC-ing the graphics card cord and/or upping the AGP voltage might not help. OR, like you said, it could be your nvidia driver.
So, what settings are you playing at in-game and what forceware driver are you using? That'll help us help you out next.

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BFG 6800GT 256Mb AGP Core 370/mem 1000. This card is O/C from the factory and i run it at stock settings with in the game.
Temps: 29c as of right now and i am assuming it doesn't go above 50c with in the game.
Driver version: 81.98 ((yes i used DC))
BF2 game settings: All high excluding AA=off
Average frame rate: 80-105 FPS with in the game.

Slap me if i forgot some thing!

Man i really appreciate the help

Going to work mow and i will check back when i get there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hmmm... makes me want to check my framerate now and see what I'm getting with a mix of High/Medium settings (and AA on)...

If you're making a framerate that high, then you might consider upgrading your driver. Try using Forceware 85.96 (download provided by the TweaksRUs website) -- it's been working wonders for me.

As a last note (which I'm sure you know), be sure and clean out your old drivers before upgrading -- Driver Cleaner Pro is your friend!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
How much ram do u have?

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by [)[email protected]
Hmmm... makes me want to check my framerate now and see what I'm getting with a mix of High/Medium settings (and AA on)...

If you're making a framerate that high, then you might consider upgrading your driver. Try using Forceware 85.96 (download provided by the TweaksRUs website) -- it's been working wonders for me.

As a last note (which I'm sure you know), be sure and clean out your old drivers before upgrading -- Driver Cleaner Pro is your friend!
Will try those drivers tonight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog64
How much ram do u have?
Currently running 4 X 512Mb Mushkin Enhance Dual Channel ((2gig))

Guys i really appreciate the help and support with this, Again i will not forget you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey man, dunno if you've gone through things to try and fix your issues yet, but I thought of something else that you could find useful:

Check out Koroush Ghazi's Tweakguide for BF2 (gotta love tweakguides.com) and scroll about halfway down the page where his analysis of video settings starts.
His nearly-the-same graphics settings comparison pictures are really eye-opening, and on certain settings, if you can live with a minimal degradation in quality between High and Medium settings (you'll barely notice it in-game anyway, because you'll be busy playing!), you can gain some more FPS and (theoretically) also help your lag issues.

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK guys,

Unfortunately it's still there. Ive tried the drivers recommended and a few others as well with no luck.

Also tried upping the voltage more on my CPU and ram with no luck.

I will try to clocking down my system tonight, for i have read some were that BF2 is very sensitive to O/Cing.

If you can give me more suggestions to try, it would be nice.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
I'm having the same problems with BF2. My ram is also 512x4 and I have a BFG 6800GT OC graphics card. The lag seems to be worse the last few weeks to me for some reason or other. I changed my drivers from the newest 91.47 to XTreme-G 91[1].45 drivers from here after a little reading but I can't see much of a difference. I always use Driver Cleaner Pro also. This driver already has coolbits installed also.

• Rep+
Reactions: lohoutlaw

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmhnc

I'm having the same problems with BF2. My ram is also 512x4 and I have a BFG 6800GT OC graphics card. The lag seems to be worse the last few weeks to me for some reason or other. I changed my drivers from the newest 91.47 to XTreme-G 91[1].45 drivers from here after a little reading but I can't see much of a difference. I always use Driver Cleaner Pro also. This driver already has coolbits installed also.

I will give these a try tonight. ((thanks))

I tried the 1's posted earler on this thread and i seemed to loose FPS from an average of 95FPS down to 55-60FPS and lag to boot ((worse)).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts