Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are lots of topics about this issue but more example more people get away from using tap water...

-Both cleaned with toothbrush for about 15 min each
-Cursed one is used for 4 months (Thermaltale/yeah its a bad block
)
-clean one is used for 3 months (Heat killer rev3.0)

You decide which one is used with Tap water ...









Distilled Vs De-ionized by RoboTech

PC Water Coolant Chemistry - Part I

PC Water Coolant Chemistry - Part II

Good stuff there by the RoboTech!...
(added as a post by Ira-k so i thought it ll be usefull to add these here too )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,352 Posts
couldn't agree more. And its not like distilled water is expensive or hard to find either, so really its a no-brainer. And some iodine or pt nuke goes along way too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLinky View Post
couldn't agree more. And its not like distilled water is expensive or hard to find either, so really its a no-brainer. And some iodine or pt nuke goes along way too.
They are selling distilled water in every Fuel station over here for $1 ... like you said its not hard to find either ...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Distilled is 1.40$ here locally at almsot every grocery store. A friend of mine used tap water in his bong cooler and had crap like that built up in his HK and GPU water blocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
Be sure to post this in the sticky.

And is the block to the left a thermaltake?

Yes its a Thermaltake
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,477 Posts
Thanks for the pic's!..
.. Thats a real good example of mineral build up.

And there is no need to be insulting to anyone here, I wont tolerate it. It's a lot harder to get parts in some parts of the world then it is here, you use what you can. And besides that he didn't ask for anyone's opinion about what to buy, saying something like that about someones parts is rude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
I have been running tap water for about a year now in my bong cooler, and have not had any problems with mineral build up. I clean my loop frequently(every week or 2 weeks), including blocks and pumps. I expect if I let it run for 3 months without breaking it down and washing everything it would be pretty scary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nub View Post
I have been running tap water for about a year now in my bong cooler, and have not had any problems with mineral build up. I clean my loop frequently(every week or 2 weeks), including blocks and pumps. I expect if I let it run for 3 months without breaking it down and washing everything it would be pretty scary.
Yes, if you keep cleaning it you ll have less disortation but there will be in long term usage imo ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post
good stuff Ugur. Thanks for the pics!
Thx bro i appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
i've got to say this should be stickied with the heading "why not to use tap water"
where i live the tap water has a LOT more minerals than everywhere else - i wont even run my setup in a leak test with tap water - i ONLY use distilled water for the sake of my expensive shiny watercooling setup that i will hopefully install soon; i might have to buy a new cpu block as i think mu switech agopee GTZ SE might be dodgy ( i think switech are getting a few e-mails from me soon)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mazza- View Post
i've got to say this should be stickied with the heading "why not to use tap water"
where i live the tap water has a LOT more minerals than everywhere else - i wont even run my setup in a leak test with tap water - i ONLY use distilled water for the sake of my expensive shiny watercooling setup that i will hopefully install soon; i might have to buy a new cpu block as i think mu switech agopee GTZ SE might be dodgy ( i think switech are getting a few e-mails from me soon)
What kind of a problem do u have with GTZ mate ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Traeumt View Post
Yes, if you keep cleaning it you ll have less disortation but there will be in long term usage imo ...
what's that?
discoloration? buildup of solutes!

but yea, a gallon of distilled water is cheaper than a 1liter bottle coke/disani tap water!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,348 Posts
Thanks for that little experiment of yours. But as you may know getting distilled in the UK is alot harder to get hold of, de-ionized is easy to get however, but people still argue that it will ruin your block and that it is equivelant to tap water. Ive been using de-ionzed for years and my block looks nothing like that thermalcrap!.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
Thanks for that little experiment of yours. But as you may know getting distilled in the UK is alot harder to get hold of, de-ionized is easy to get however, but people still argue that it will ruin your block and that it is equivelant to tap water. Ive been using de-ionzed for years and my block looks nothing like that thermalcrap!.
Ah there was a topic about de-ionized and distilled i thnk de-ionized has some materials in it too ...

--i ll try that with another block(better than tt
) vs hk3.0 in 1 week it ll start
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top