Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Band: Shiny Toy Guns
Album: We Are Pilots

They're a really cool, unique mix between 80's and electronica. Every song is different and cool. I highly recommend you buy this album on iTunes!

I bought it and love it!
Be warned though, the lead singer drops the f-bomb once in track 6 ("Le Disko" 1:10)

Some songs have super-cool vocal sounds, others have unique electronica sounds... others have bumpin bass, others have lyrics that are sad and beautiful at the same time. Love 'em!

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
My ex listens to them, I've heard a couple songs. They sound alright from what I've heard, considering that I ususally hate everything when I first hear it. They seem cool.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you like them, The Epoxies you will LOVE~!

80s electro/punk/dance..

They are a blend of Missing Persons, Devo and ... something with more GUitars. I would say Clash - but they don't have that *style* at all.

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=109950&

Towards bottom, can check a few of their songs...
I don't use iTunes or pay for Mp3. I only buy disks.. Maybe they are on iTunes.. I have no idea

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf

If you like them, The Epoxies you will LOVE~!

80s electro/punk/dance..

They are a blend of Missing Persons, Devo and ... something with more GUitars. I would say Clash - but they don't have that *style* at all.

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=109950&

Towards bottom, can check a few of their songs...
I don't use iTunes or pay for Mp3. I only buy disks.. Maybe they are on iTunes.. I have no idea

Interesting. Thanks for the link! They are notibly different though
. My music tastes are very weird and specific. I usually only like one song from random bands, but Shiny Toy Guns is a rare exception. STGs is more straight-tone and lower-tempo, with wild harmonies. Epoxies seem to be a little more rockish with shakier voices.

I still love Shiny Toy Guns the best
. I've always liked Trance more than techno and Shiny Toy Guns type bands more than Epoxies type bands just because harmony makes me feel friggin awesome inside
. It's a harmony vs. beat thing.

Regardless, you gets the reppies
. My bro's in the music industry so he introduces me to the most awesome bands I've never heard of haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts