Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i'm glad to be a new member of this forum. I used my first PC in 2007/8 (idk exactly, maybe i had 6/7 years) in my father's office, then that PC went to home in 2009/10; it was from 2002 (idk remember the exact specs, i never looked in system information of that PC) but i remember it had an S3 Savage 4, a Sound Blaster Live, 2 CD drives (separate read and write unit), 2 hard drives, the monitor was an LG Flatron CRT, and i still have the original keyboard (unfortunally the controller is dead) and mouse.
I introduced myself to overclock some years ago, i did my first experiments using an Athlon 64 X2 4000, then i overclocked a Sempron 3000 (754) from 1.8ghz to 2.5ghz stably using stock cooler.
I joined PC Master Race in August 2017, and now these are are my main system specs:
- AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (overclocked to 4ghz at 1,36v and it's stable)
- Arctic Freezer 64 Pro (i took it from an Abit UL8 system, i still have the mobo but doesn't want to post)
- 2x4GB DDR4 Corsair 3000mhz (i've got to wait a good bios to use them at stock frequency)
- AsRock AB350M Pro4
- Radeon R7 360 2gb Nitro (bought used for 60€ during mining crisis, overclocked yesterday. I hope to upgrade soon to something more powerful to achieve at least 144fps stable)
- 1tb Seagate HDD
- Corsair CX 450M PSU (grey sticker)
- Bitfenix Nova (crappy case IMO, but i bought it for 22€)
- AOC G2260VWQ6 (bought in 2015, i needed a monitor. I hope to get soon a 144hz monitor.)
- Rantopad MXX (Gateron Red switches)
- Steelseries QCK+ (Nice mousepad, i ordered also a Rantopad Ice+ because i want to try something else)
- Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 (i bought it for curiosity and because i needed a bigger mouse [i had a Cougar Minos X3, gave it to a friend after], it feels very good and has the original MLT04 sensor, overclocked polling rate to 500hz, i ordered also Rantopad Glidx skates because the actual skates are a bit ruined).
- Steelseries Siberia 150 (bought them refurbished for a third of original price)
I have also other PC parts (like an Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro and an HD 3850 AGP, both got for free), and sometimes i tinker with retro PCs.
I hope to be useful in the forum and to receive tips or assistence if needed.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,025 Posts
Hello and welcome.
And welcome to the PC master race. Seems that you're off to a good start on your system. Very nice you already had a lot of parts and got a lot discounted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot everyone :3
Hello and welcome.
And welcome to the PC master race. Seems that you're off to a good start on your system. Very nice you already had a lot of parts and got a lot discounted.
The monitor costed me 125€ in 2015, the PC (without video card, and with the Cougar Minos X3) costed 437€. Then i took an Intellimouse 3.0 for ~20€, mousepad and keyboard for ~60€, the headphones for ~20€. Also i've recovered with a friend used parts from school to make retro PCs, and other has been gifted to me from an ex technician of the city Hall.
I have like an eagle eye for low prices, also i feel like i'm lucky when i find old parts: one time i found for free a 3DFX Voodoo 2 and a Banshee, and i gave them to a friend because i didn't got any PC or card to make them work, then i found at school an Olidata keyboard with Alps white switches (but unfortunally i had to give it to that friend to make work the 8088 PC he found) and an ISA audio card (i didn't knew the exact model, so i gave it to that friend. He searched on eBay the model and he said me that card costs ~50€). I hope to find any time soon a Silicon Graphics workstation (like an Indy, an O2, an Octane or a Fuel) for very cheap (less than 50€ if possible).

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts