Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my gaming build as a Media PC and left it connected to the tv for awhile. I decided to get back into gaming buying a new part. I already have a 6970 in there so what would be better, getting another used one for cross fire or selling my current card for a new gen card like a 280. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,730 Posts
You'd definitely be better off getting a newer card at this point. Depends on your budget but even a used 7970 would be a huge step up for you and they are pretty cheap right now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

You'd definitely be better off getting a newer card at this point. Depends on your budget but even a used 7970 would be a huge step up for you and they are pretty cheap right now.
All right thanks I'll definitely give it a look. The last time I searched for used cards the prices were bloated by the "Bitcoin craze" I'm guessing that has died down now?

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junhawng View Post

All right thanks I'll definitely give it a look. The last time I searched for used cards the prices were bloated by the "Bitcoin craze" I'm guessing that has died down now?
Significantly. Grab yourself a 7xxx or 6xx series card for a decent price.
EVGA B-Stock may have something you like.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

get either an used dh 7970/280x for 130usd or wait for polaris
Every 7970 or 280 x I see on eBay are over 200. I would buy in a heart beat if they were 130

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
You would actually need to upgrade your PSU to use a second 6970. They're serious power hogs. Two of them would probably beat a 7970, but the power draw would be very high, and on top of that, the 6970 is in legacy mode now and really isn't supported by AMD anymore. I still run one myself and it still does what I need to, but I won't be crossfiring it with another 6970 when it comes time to upgrade.

You can find a 7970 for less than $200. That's way too much for a used 7970/280X these days. Keep looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts