Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to get an idea for how "on-par' my temps are, because they seem a bit too high to me. Anyways, here is my water cooling setup;

D-Tek Fusion V.2 Block
Feser One X-360 TFC Xchanger
Swiftech MCP655-Bâ„¢ 12v Water Pump
XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir
6 Cooler Master 120x25mm Dual Ball Silent Fans - 109.6CFM in push/pull
1/2" Feser Tubing

My 9550 is currently at 4.0ghz @ 1.28V and my temps at idle are 39-41 and under full load 53. Is this normal, or should they be lower? I also noticed that when i set all 6 fans to max speed (2400 rpm) the temps don't change much if at all versus being set at low (800 rpm). At max they push 110 cfm, but i only let it sit for about an hour before i rechecked the temps.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What are your ambient temps? What are you using to load your cpu?

Those temps do seem a bit high, given that I get 56c at 1.34v with a very comparable setup at 23c ambient.

Try remounting your cpu block. It usually takes a few mounts to get a real good one, so don't be shy about doing it again!

As for the fan speeds, that rad is optimized for low speed fans and doesn't scale very well past 1600rpm or so. You should see some difference, but not much. That's a lot of rad for just that cpu, so even with fans on low you're pretty much getting it as cold as it's gonna get...

·
Registered
316 Posts
right, i have a non lapped IFX-14 and non lapped q9550 c1. then IFX has 2 fans (push/pull) with a max airflow of 110cfm and at about half speed i get 41c+/-2c idle and 62c+/-3c on load. yours is better but it seems like its lacking a bit since you have a triple rad and a high flow pump, maybe the fans do not have high enough static pressure or the push/pull config is bad with that rad or the pipes going into the cpu block are the wrong way around. hope this helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. ya the water cooling was built to meet my future needs that's why I got the larger rad as I plan on adding blocks to my gpu's. Im just using folding at home SMP client but i have a feeling this is not a sufficient test lol

Current ambient is 22C. I think im going to try remounting, see if that improves it at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts