Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the worlds most powerful search engine basically tells me that AMD doesn't want me to know what ACC does.

Basically +% is a higher overclock, while -% is more power efficient or something?

What exactly does increasing it do to help with overclocking? Does it make it more stable? How much of an increase do I need? Will it help fix IMC problems?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm not sure about what overclocking benefits it yields, but it can be used to unlock cores, like with your CPU. And it stands for "advanced clock calibration".

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSingh View Post
I'm not sure about what overclocking benefits it yields, but it can be used to unlock cores, like with your CPU. And it stands for "advanced clock calibration".
Ahh, yes, I forgot to mention the famous core unlocking that has made me quite happy.

I'm aware of what ACC stands for
. I'm beginning to think the % doesn't matter and AMD is just messing with us when really it's just a core unlocking utility.

I'd be sad. >_>

·
Car cheaper than computer
3,049 Posts
If you enter the right sequence of ACC values, on a full moon night, in winter, outside, and naked, you can OC the CPU to 20Ghz.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot View Post
If you enter the right sequence of ACC values, on a full moon night, in winter, outside, and naked, you can OC the CPU to 20Ghz.
I KNEW IT.

I'm actually hypothesizing that increasing ACC lowers the number of cycles per clock, so theoretically a 4GHZ CPU with +10% ACC would run exactly the same as a 3.9GHz CPU with 0% ACC. Those numbers are off the top of my head, and most likely incorrect.

·
3,049 Posts
I like my version better...
If only if we could get a girl to try it...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Enter

%Forward, Back, Forward, Back, Kick, Kick, Punch

And it will unlock four more secret hidden cores as well as over 9000! kb of additional L3 cache for epic performance.

·
3,049 Posts
ITs Over 9000!
So it is true, AMD is better.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Enter

%Forward, Back, Forward, Back, Kick, Kick, Punch

And it will unlock four more secret hidden cores as well as over 9000! kb of additional L3 cache for epic performance.
But I don't have an L3 cache!

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

But seriously. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
ACC stands for the Atlantic Coast Conference. It's one of the major BCS (Bowl Championship Series) conferences in college sports.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot View Post
Over 9000 GHz, bring on the flames!

·
3,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers View Post
Over 9000 GHz, bring on the flames!
I was talking about doing it without a heat sink (Teh magic values lower power compsunsion to 1 watt)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
ACC stands for the Atlantic Coast Conference. It's one of the major BCS (Bowl Championship Series) conferences in college sports.

Its actually Austin Community College

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I thought you hit "up up down down left right left right b a" and you got and extra .30 Vcore to OC and actually beat the game.....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeifer
View Post

Because the worlds most powerful search engine basically tells me that AMD doesn't want me to know what ACC does.

Basically +% is a higher overclock, while -% is more power efficient or something?

What exactly does increasing it do to help with overclocking? Does it make it more stable? How much of an increase do I need? Will it help fix IMC problems?

I'm interested to find out the answer as well. +Rep to anyone who has an actual answer.

·
Banned
744 Posts
It is a simple idiot proof tool for newbs. Don't use do more advanced yourself. This is OCN not newb.com?

Edit: Oh do I run ganged or unganged? Gotta love AMD.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
i too am curious as to what the #s really mean. They do affect the stability and performance as I've been playing around with the values on my system.

not knowing what i was really doing, i heard of some 1 in a million Athlon 7750s could be unlocked to 4 cores. putting the proc at 0,0,-2,-2 (arbitrary) rendered my system essentially unusable in Windows (though it didnt technically freeze).

I set it to -2,0,0,0 cause i've read that some say its clock skewing..oh wells. @ 3.24 GHz with this setting along with "hybrid" under EC Firmware. currently stress testing. I did BSOD after 1.5hrs but i upped the voltages so we'll see how it goes now.

i've read putting -#s will somehow affect the speed of the individual core. By what means i have no idea. But i do notice now the first core completes interations faster than core #2, where as when ACC was disabled core 2 would be faster. who knows.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts