Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oy. This is my third Sadie Hawkins in a row and nobody has ever asked me to go.
I think i have slight social problems. I mean, I'm strait, but too many people think i'm gay, so naturally, i get dissed everywhere. The school I go to is actually a nice freindly environment sometimes. What would I be able to do to tell the whole school I'm strait, without attracting too much attention or getting in trouble or using an announcement?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

Oy. This is my third Sadie Hawkins in a row and nobody has ever asked me to go.
I think i have slight social problems. I mean, I'm strait, but too many people think i'm gay, so naturally, i get dissed everywhere. The school I go to is actually a nice freindly environment sometimes. What would I be able to do to tell the whole school I'm strait, without attracting too much attention or getting in trouble or using an announcement?

lol....why does everyone think your gay? just dress and act like your not, and look up a couple disses on the web, and u should be up there.

time to highten your pimp hand man

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
this is what you gotta do. pick someone out that thinks he's tough $h!t and kick his ass in front of everyone. then get some chick and sport her around town to erase any doubts.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

this is what you gotta do. pick someone out that thinks he's tough $h!t and kick his ass in front of everyone. then get some chick and sport her around town to erase any doubts.

Thats a little harsh isnt it. LOL

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox

get a gf?

Oh boy...
In my Freshman year, I started to feel it. Ya know what i felt.... I started to notice girls more. I had a freind who I felt attracted to, so I went slow. I was very polite, always held doors for her, smiled when i saw her, said hello everytime i saw her, stood up for her, always agreed with what she said, and was kind in every way i knew. later on in the year, a couple of my freinds suggested that i should go for it. one of them even swore he overheard her say that she would go out with me.
I decided to go for it. It was hell. I tried to sit near her during lunch and tried to strike a conversation, but, her freind, the "we gotta go girl" (thank you John Heffron {"In every group of women, fellas, ther's one girl I like to call the 'we gotta go' girl. The 'we gotta go' girl is the one you need to be boozing up all night. The 'we gotta go' girl is the gate keeper." and when they have that pow wow in the bathroom to determine if you get laid or not, it is her voice that's gonna count."}) showed up and grabbed her arm and took off running. I made one critical mistake. I followed, trying to talk to her for the whole lunch period, when one of my freinds managed to distract the "we gotta go girl", giving me the chance to finally ask the girl out. well.................................. about 50 people crowded up.............................i started grinning........and turned more colors than fruit loops......... "we gotta go" said "he's looking at your boobs, cover them!!!!!!"...........................I stuttered........................then i said, " would you like to go out with me?"

She SAID yes. so I got up, scattered the crowd, and turned around. she was gone.

After school, i met her in the hall, and before i could say a word she said,"do you think we're going out?"

that HURT.

well, she obviously had a chat with "we gotta go", so i tried again. no crowd this time, but before i finished, she gave me the "I like you, but not that way" speech.

I haven't tried asking anyone out since.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Oh boy...
In my Freshman year, I started to feel it. Ya know what i felt.... I started to notice girls more. I had a freind who I felt attracted to, so I went slow. I was very polite, always held doors for her, smiled when i saw her, said hello everytime i saw her, stood up for her, always agreed with what she said, and was kind in every way i knew. later on in the year, a couple of my freinds suggested that i should go for it. one of them even swore he overheard her say that she would go out with me.
I decided to go for it. It was hell. I tried to sit near her during lunch and tried to strike a conversation, but, her freind, the "we gotta go girl" (thank you John Heffron {"In every group of women, fellas, ther's one girl I like to call the 'we gotta go' girl. The 'we gotta go' girl is the one you need to be boozing up all night. The 'we gotta go' girl is the gate keeper." and when they have that pow wow in the bathroom to determine if you get laid or not, it is her voice that's gonna count."}) showed up and grabbed her arm and took off running. I made one critical mistake. I followed, trying to talk to her for the whole lunch period, when one of my freinds managed to distract the "we gotta go girl", giving me the chance to finally ask the girl out. well.................................. about 50 people crowded up.............................i started grinning........and turned more colors than fruit loops......... "we gotta go" said "he's looking at your boobs, cover them!!!!!!"...........................I stuttered........................then i said, " would you like to go out with me?"

She SAID yes. so I got up, scattered the crowd, and turned around. she was gone.

After school, i met her in the hall, and before i could say a word she said,"do you think we're going out?"

that HURT.

well, she obviously had a chat with "we gotta go", so i tried again. no crowd this time, but before i finished, she gave me the "I like you, but not that way" speech.

o ***** man...thats low. never deal with the we gotta go girl. she can go bl## herself. 2nd, never do it publicly like that, itll make her embarrased and she wont know what to do. 3rd, dont studder, and be confident. if u never fail, u never know what success is or what it feels like
and NEVER give your total and full attention from the start, because 90% of the time she'll try and take advantage of you. what u do is show interest for a while, then avoid her so she gets mad and jeolus, then start accepting her, then she'll appreciate u.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
another good tip is to bring in an outsider... a chick that's not from your school to an event like a dance. that's what i did once. i had me a college girl back in HS and all the HS girls were asking about her. gives you bonus points. chicks think "if he can handle an older chick then just think how he's gonna handle me."
also, just play everything it casual, be smooth, like nothing affects you... don't crack under pressure (especially in public, that'll screw up your rep) and don't give in when a girl you're involved with has a dramatic episode, it happens. but be confident too and don't be afraid to walk up to a girl you never spoke to and start up a conversation. if she's cute and doesn't look stuck up just go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Oh boy...

that HURT.

HARSH!!!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I know how you feel dude, getting shut down in front of people is harsh. I'd be in your shoes but I'm the biggest guy in my highschool (we only have 50 ppl) so I don't have to worry. I just kick the ***** out of ppl who diss me. Spread out and find a different chick, that's what I do.

One more thing, being all polite is good manners, but it's kinda feminine when you're in highschool. Not that you shouldn't out of school, but you have to act better than the girl. Don't get all high and mighty, but don't be so forgiving and easy, you'll never get her attention. She'll take you for granted. Be nice, but be in charge. This goes for any girl. Ask her out on a date first, a movie or dinner or something. Then ask her out.

• Rep+
Reactions: KSIMP88

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
So why exactly do people think you're gay? like how do you dress? (no tight pants mannnn)...also being soft is bad. You can't ignore people when they diss you.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yea dude, don't be afraid to shove people around, it tells people you're not screwing with them...yeah, i herd that college is SOOO much better than hs, so let's see what happens...

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aight dudes, thanx, reps to all.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

We should not endorse violence, the correct manner to fix this problem is to get pimpin'.

Find you flow and flaunt it, walk with a straight back and a look of complete confidence, you would be amazed by how people react to a person who always seems confident.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rgr

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
roger -o & e

1 - 20 of 32 Posts