Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys any ideas on this block just installed it but trying hard to get a set up.
should i have a lower flow rate or higher , as the water never seems to get hot to the touch on the pipes as id expect with one core hitting 50 to 55 .

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would have agreed but it seems that it is runing a few c cooler with the flow rate lower.
i think i have the cpu cooled a bit over kill anyway im running a 360 rad just for it ha

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
you're using a D5 pump? the higher flowrate *might* cause higher temps due to a higher heat dump from the pump if you turn it up. but if flowrate would be the only variable, more would be better. i assume it just comes at the price of heat dump.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im using a waterchill extreme pump with built in resevior. it was a kit. i wasnt going to go for it but come on 99 euro for a full kit.
ok so bumped the speed back up to 3.4g and no change in temp from 3.2 umm cant complain about that and i only have 2 fans on the rad running will hook the other one up later. need to extent and solder some wires first.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have to admit my chip has been a pain one core is like 10 higher than the others might have to lap it. so all of them are below 47c bar one at 58c. always been like this. no matter what i have tried i wonder if its miss calculated temp sensor.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did the same thing with my vedetta 2 heatsink. its just the chip no amount of reseating does anything.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well so far im fairly happy gone from running the cpu at 3.2 up to 3.5 with preety much no increase in max temps. something that i could not do on my vendetta2. im going o aim for around the 3.8 finishing mark.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i am well impressed right now for a 99 euro kit. got my cpu at 3.6 stable for 5 hrs with prime 05 and max peak temp 62c average of 57-58 on one core the rest are 51 and under nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts