Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old behemoth Antec 1080AMG case, as shown here (middle of the page): http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1258 (Antec no longer has a product page for it as it's no longer in production - this is the best I could find)

Two questions:

1. Will it fit a mATX board? I can't find an explicit declaration anywhere that it will (and I no longer have the manual
), but I know that in general that if a board fits an ATX (which I have installed currently), it will also fit an mATX. Can anyone confirm? I'd rather not have to disassemble my current system to look at the mounting holes.

2. I need a new PS too for my new build. I can buy an Antec Sonata III w/ 500W PS for $125 or so and try to sell the 1080AMG (it has 5 silent case fans so I could probably get $50+ for it?), or I can buy a similar decent quality 500W PS for $50. Any opinions on which route I should go?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I wouldn't expect anyone to want to buy the case, so your best bet is to keep it and get a new PSU. Yes, you can install a mATX mobo in that case.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have a big ol' version of that in my basement right now too. Had it for years. Its a great server style.

But I agree with Spaceballs, it would be a hard sell. Get a new PSU, and for the 500W mark, there has to be a better deal that $125. (I do not know how good the Sonata III is).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts