• Coolermaster 690

Votes: 32 71.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ummm, as title really.

For my sig rig. I have four internal HDs, pretty big CPU cooler with massive San Ace fan.

I'm upgrading to have a case large enough which allows me to put the side panel on... my current, no name case is too narrow!

The two cases are within $5 of each other.

I can't really get anything else as supply is very limited where I live. Mail order is out of the question. The postage for a San Ace fan was almost $40!!!

·
PC Evangelist
47,492 Posts
Cm690 ii.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,926 Posts
When I was shopping for a new case, I didn't have the option of the Antec 300. But if I did, then I still would have picked the CM 690 because of the hard drive bay, the fact that the PSU is mounted in the bottom and even has air vents so the PSU can pull in the cooler air from underneath the case (and push it out the back), and of course the appearance as well as the airflow.

But to be completely honest, I think the main selling point for me was a rather lame one: I really like these hard drive bay rail mounts. They're very convenient! Plus, I love that they face out as opposed to towards the back of the case!

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I also love how easy cable management is in the CM 690.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't both of the PSUs mount at the bottom.

Antec

CM

Thanks Conley. If you're popping over to The Philippines sometime this week then yes!

5-1 for the 690. I'm off out to collect my RMA'd shuffle. I'll check the thread before going to the shop though.

Thanks for replies so far.

Rep +

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay.

Thanks all.

It seems pretty unanimous. I won't bother with the d-tour to McDonalds for wifi to check the responses.

690 it is

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,926 Posts
Yes, both mount at the bottom. But as I pointed out, the CM 690 has vents on the bottom so that the PSU can be mounted right-side up so that the fan pulls in that cooler air from underneath the case.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Yes, both mount at the bottom. But as I pointed out, the CM 690 has vents on the bottom so that the PSU can be mounted right-side up so that the fan pulls in that cooler air from underneath the case.
Ah. Should have read more closely

ty

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by makecoldplayhistory View Post
Ah. Should have read more closely

ty
Actually, I realized just now I should have typed it better. I kinda made a big block of text because I got carried away.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
690 hands down for me. It's just a better case overall and more room to work with.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got back this afternoon with the CM 690.

Very pleased so far. It's the first time it's taken longer to take a Pc apart than it has to reassemble it.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Coolermaster 690 is hands down one of the sexiest cases i have ever seen. I have built 3 computers with it and i love it!
I personally took the case apart and primed it, then put 3 coats of semi-gloss refrigerator paint on the cm690.
GREAT case, very sexy, and if you cant get the cm690II then the only option is cm690!!!!
GL!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Good choice on the CM-690. It is very easy to arrange cables in it. From what I have seen, especially with non-modular PSU's, people have had lots of problems with cable management with the Antec300. The airflow is also excellent.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by makecoldplayhistory
View Post

Got back this afternoon with the CM 690.

Very pleased so far. It's the first time it's taken longer to take a Pc apart than it has to reassemble it.

Thanks all.

Sweet. Congratulations!

If you wish to talk to other CM 690 owners, then be sure to visit The Cooler Master 690 Club.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreko44;8823869
Coolermaster 690 is hands down one of the sexiest cases i have ever seen. I have built 3 computers with it and i love it!
I personally took the case apart and primed it, then put 3 coats of semi-gloss refrigerator paint on the cm690.
GREAT case, very sexy, and if you cant get the cm690II then the only option is cm690!!!!
GL!
Dude I thought I was the only person who used ''sexy'' to describe inanimate objects (NOT in a sick way). Yeah CM 690 does look sexy. But as for actual practicality I am not sure, still wobbling on the edge of Antec or CoolerMaster.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
53 Posts
I couldn't even compare the two. The 690 is just so much better. With the 690 II you have the inside painted black, cable management, Quick remove hardrives, and fans fans fans. For me, there is no competition.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had all three cases (the 300, 690, and 690 II). The 300 by far is hardest to do cable management. Although the other two are larger, the black interior on the 690 II is a plus (for me anyway). Not sure if you can do this on the original 690 but the hard drive bays are removable (leaving 2 hard drive slots instead of the 5? 6? IDR).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts