Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a case with good cooling for 50 euros. Antec 300 used to be very popular but is it still the best case to get in that price range?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I believe the BitFenix Shinobi is around 50 Euros. Not 100% sure though. It is a much better case than the 300, though.

• Rep+
Reactions: Uberclocker

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
The Antec 300 is a reasonable case for the price, however, also look at the Antec 100 and 200, plus the many other competitors.
Also consider the SilverStone PS05, the Bitfenix Shinobi, and some of the lower end coolermaster cases too.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog
View Post

The shinobi (non windowed) is €40 over here, you should be able to get that for around €50 wherever you are.

The bitfenix shinobi is a better case than the 300, without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Before the Antec 300 used to be a great case for the price. However now a days there are much better options other than the 300 at the pricepoint. The Shinobi is great, along with some of the Rosewill gaming cases have much better features than the 300.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
The Antec 300 has a mounting location for two 120mm fans in the front with easily removed for cleaning dust filters, it has another location for a 120 in the side panel that helps cool hot video cards, these locations do not come with a fan the following do
one 120 Antec tri-cool exhaust fan, one top mounted 140mm Antec tri-cool fan

the latest revision also has a CPU cut out in the mother board tray so that you don't have to pull your rig a part to change cooling options

wire management while not the best is better then most mid towers ample room between the back side panel and the 5.25 drive bays for wire storage

I have built 3 rigs with this case and I am quit pleased with the out come, it is a nice looking box (I don't care for plastic hang offs) that is well constructed

The only thing you will really need to complete a good rig with this case is a couple
120mm fans for the front and a CPU power extension cord

The PSU is bottom mounted and none of the PSU's I used would reach around the mother board and going across the mobo looks tacky

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw;14125228
it is 68€ in croatia - the non windowed one
81€ the windowed one
just for information
You're seriously getting ripped of if you have to pay double the price. o_O
How much does a CM 690 II cost you?

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Rosewill Challenger is also a very good case for around $50 USD.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3Xus;14126266
The Rosewill Challenger is also a very good case for around $50 USD.
Rosewill isn't available outside US, after all, its a Newegg in-house brand.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2;14126442
Rosewill isn't available outside US, after all, its a Newegg in-house brand.
Heh, I just learned something today.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
The antec 300 is a nice case for the money i would say. only payed $30 for mine i think.

I have 3 front intake fans and 1 rear and 1 top, and then 1 side panel exhast... it has a cpu cutout and also you can hide your wires behind the HDD rack.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Überclocker;14125501
Thanks for the replies. Something that worries me a little bit in the windowless Shinobi is that it comes with only one fan. Is the cooling still good enough?
Mine came with 2.

You could always buy more; on the other hand, what is your system?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts