Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update: Did some minor cable rearrangement, got rid of lighting (temporarily), and took a complete side view to show a better view of the radiator and how it's mounted. Three new photos uploaded (Pic #2, #4, and #5).

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by I AM TEH LAW GIVAH
View Post

haha that is sickkk that heatkiller gpu block looks huge!

Yeah, when I got this thing and held it in my hands, I felt it was heavy I could use it as a diving brick.

I was seriously scared to put it on the card and I thought the slot would crack or snap off but to my amazement the mounting brackets actually hold it incredibly firm; and as you can see it doesn't dip or sag at all.

The most ridiculous thing about the HEATKILLER (and what made it worth every penny) is the absurd temperature drop.

On air I had:

Idle: 55 *C
Load: 75 *C
Full Furmark Burn: 98 *C

With the HEATKILLER:

Idle: 32 *C
Load: 40 *C
Full Furmark Burn: 45 *C

That's literally less than half the temperatures I had on air.
And the air test was with stock clocks while the watercooled test was with maximum overclock and overvoltage.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMP7Y
View Post

98C isn't that practically that chip's max?

Well GPU max is 105*C but that's still below the safe limit. NVIDIA designs them so there is overhead. At 105*C it starts to slow down the card to lower the temps and if it gets past 115*C it just shuts off entirely. The safe limit is probably around 150*C or more which is impossible to ever reach so it's pretty much impossible to kill a card because of high temps (unless it was a manufacturing defect).

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Isn't that CPU a tad hot on load?

You are going Rad > Pump > 295 > NB > CPU right?
Did you do this to favor the 295 and its heat? When my 295 was in my rig air cooled, it ran out, but 69c load for W/C is even hotter than some Air coolers for that CPU.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilrbe3
View Post

Isn't that CPU a tad hot on load?

You are going Rad > Pump > 295 > NB > CPU right?
Did you do this to favor the 295 and its heat? When my 295 was in my rig air cooled, it ran out, but 69c load for W/C is even hotter than some Air coolers for that CPU.

Actually, considering how much I overclocked it that's a pretty good temperature. In fact it's even 10 degrees cooler than my previous D-Tek Fuzion V2 waterblock. Also keep in mind this is IntelBurnTest which is at least 10 degrees hotter than Prime and even Prime doesn't represent the regular load temps for the CPU. So in reality, my CPU regular "load" temps are probably around 57 *C - 58 *C tops.

And if you look closely and follow it, my loop is actually:

Res/Rad > CPU > NB > GTX295 > Pump > Res/Rad

The pump is hard to see cause it's hidden in the middle hard drive cage section behind the wires but you tell that's where it is if you follow the tubing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone come across rendering issues with COD MW2, such as floors, weapons and charcters failing to render fully and then degrading to the point where only the flak jackets are visible thus making online playing a nightmarre for targeting? I've NEVER had an issue with my Dragon Rig since it was built in June.....all 29 other games installed run perfectly on full whack and I've never had so much as a hiccup from any of them(they include GTA 4, Arkham Asylum, Op Flash Dragon Rising, Resi 5, Velvet Assassin, Left 4 Dead 2)...so I'm wondering why during an online game my graphics slowly deteriorate?

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatic24_7
View Post

Has anyone come across rendering issues with COD MW2, such as floors, weapons and charcters failing to render fully and then degrading to the point where only the flak jackets are visible thus making online playing a nightmarre for targeting? I've NEVER had an issue with my Dragon Rig since it was built in June.....all 29 other games installed run perfectly on full whack and I've never had so much as a hiccup from any of them(they include GTA 4, Arkham Asylum, Op Flash Dragon Rising, Resi 5, Velvet Assassin, Left 4 Dead 2)...so I'm wondering why during an online game my graphics slowly deteriorate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protezione
View Post

I have the same problem with Crysis on my 285. after like 15-20 mins of gaming, ill get ghost images, and then flickers and things like that on certain shadows. No ideas here

and highly irrelevant to this thread. Please open a new thread if you would like to continue this conversation.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts