Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Bump, anymore comments/suggestions?

Edit: Will be posting updated pics soon. Changed SATA cables to all black and did more cable rearrangement.

I'm looking for black cabled e-SATA bracket for back. Please post some links if you can find any.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I would suggest a fan shroud to go between your rad and 3 attached fans and possibly a push/pull configuration with 3 more fans.

Or maybe higher cfm fans? cpu temp seems a bit high to me for being watercooled but i am watercooling newbie

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob808 View Post
I would suggest a fan shroud to go between your rad and 3 attached fans and possibly a push/pull configuration with 3 more fans.

Or maybe higher cfm fans? cpu temp seems a bit high to me for being watercooled but i am watercooling newbie
Actually when I load my CPU fully up the rad barely gets warm. But when I stress my GPU's it gets pretty warm even at full speed fans. Also my computer is already pretty loud. I'm not adding anymore fans unless they are replacements for my rad fans that are same CFM but quieter or greater CFM but same loudness.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Red liquid color, plain water is not worthy of water cooling.

more lights, just one cathode makes things skewed.

closed case shots.

err... yes, sleeve the sata cables to match the other cables and then bundle as much as you can.

Reverse harddrives on the 900 (look up reverse harddrive on the antec 1200, same basic case)

Edit: oh they are reversed. why did you just route the cables out in view again!
drill holes and route cables behind the motherboard.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenek5
View Post

Red liquid color, plain water is not worthy of water cooling.

Distilled water is actually the best cooling liquid in terms of temperatures. Not to mention the cheapest. Also no dye for me, heard too many horror stories with that one. Will be red tubing and distilled water later on.

Quote:

View Post

more lights, just one cathode makes things skewed.

You'd be amazed if you saw in for real. It is very bright. My camera just can't take the lighted pics correctly cause of the flash. Believe it or not but all of those pics were taken in complete darkness.

Quote:

View Post

err... yes, sleeve the sata cables to match the other cables and then bundle as much as you can.

Already changed to black cables. Will be taking more pics soon.

Quote:

View Post

Reverse harddrives on the 900 (look up reverse harddrive on the antec 1200, same basic case)

Not a fan of the reverse mounts but thanks for the idea.

Quote:

View Post

why did you just route the cables out in view again!

Cables were too long and I didn't want them to risk them hitting the fans by pushing them all the way in. But I redid cable management and changed them to shorter black cables so they look nice and fit properly now.

Quote:

View Post

drill holes and route cables behind the motherboard.

Might do that eventually but not anytime soon for sure.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Major Update: All photos have been updated with the most recent pics and new photos have been added as well. Refer to OP to see them. Feel free to comment at any time.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey this is nice First time i have seen this project. I used to have my liqued cooled setup in my antec 900 which consisted of an TT bigwater 745 kit. I took out the front 2 hdd bays and mounted the dual 120 rad there and i actually cut 2 holes in the back so i could mount the 1x 120mm rad on the back and actually directly run the plumbing into the case no plumbing on the outside =) it looked really clean but at that time i some how burned out my 4850x2 which was water cooled as well. From there i put in a peltier and about a month after that almost cought my power supply on fire and then the next day my peltier melted my water block lol. Thats the biggest reason why i havnt been on here in a while Had a major melt down and now im finally getting back in business i have my water cooling setup again and i have a nother peltier just waiting it out and making a better mounting bracket for this pelt before i try that again. lol.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeko2 View Post
Hey this is nice First time i have seen this project. I used to have my liqued cooled setup in my antec 900 which consisted of an TT bigwater 745 kit. I took out the front 2 hdd bays and mounted the dual 120 rad there and i actually cut 2 holes in the back so i could mount the 1x 120mm rad on the back and actually directly run the plumbing into the case no plumbing on the outside =) it looked really clean but at that time i some how burned out my 4850x2 which was water cooled as well. From there i put in a peltier and about a month after that almost cought my power supply on fire and then the next day my peltier melted my water block lol. Thats the biggest reason why i havnt been on here in a while Had a major melt down and now im finally getting back in business i have my water cooling setup again and i have a nother peltier just waiting it out and making a better mounting bracket for this pelt before i try that again. lol.
Wow, that is just some horrible luck right there. Peltier melting your waterblock? That doesn't happen very frequently. The PSU issue I guess is fairly understandable; peltier take an overload of power and it is probably very like you overloaded it so much that it caught fire. HD4850X2 is quite a delicate card and is extremely sensitive to movement because of the overload of parts and poor PCB quality. I ran into a few issues myself just gently removing the shroud back when I had one.

That is a real shame what happened but at least this gives you a reason to learn from your mistakes and start fresh. Antec 900 isn't exactly the easiest case to watercool so you definitely want to be careful and take extra precautions when setting it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarlordOne View Post
I like.

The cables are a mess but I'm going to forgive you for that. Being a 900 owner myself I understand how difficult it actually is address that issue. I'm itching to go custom water cooled, seeing your post is making it hard for me to resist...
Yeah cable management is absolutely horrible to set up properly in this case, due to how tight everything is. The biggest fail on my part is that just yesterday I realized that this whole time I had cable management holes I never noticed before. They are right behind the hard drive cages and the PSU as well and I have no idea how I missed them. I even stripped the whole case apart for painting and still happened to miss them. Well, this new discovery definitely changes a few plans for me. Soon as I get my GTX480 and waterblock I will buy all red soft tubing and cut it to proper sizes, as well as upgrading the pump and redoing all my cables, properly this time.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
You make the Antec 900 look small.
Thank you. I was able to do the borderline impossible (implement a complete CPU/Mobo/GPU watercooling loop in an Antec 900 without any mods).

41 - 60 of 75 Posts