Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some failing to POST issues but my antec 900 case doesn't have a speaker. I went to radioshack to see if they had one but they didn't. They did have piezoelectric buzzers with a red/black wire, would that work? They had them available in different voltage ranges IIRC 2-6, 9-12, maybe others. What voltage does a motherboard speaker lead output?

Would frys have a pc speaker or maybe another radioshack?

I have an old antec sonata case sitting around. Can I rip the speaker out of that? Where is it located?

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
The speaker isn't in the case..it's on the motherboard I believe..I had that case and I still got the start up beeps and all of that fun stuff..

Not 100% on this though so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I don't believe your MB has one onboard. Check the manual for it to be sure... as it don't appear to physically have one in the newegg pics. Itr would look just like the pic in the link but soldered to the PCB near the pins for the speaker connections.
$2 http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the motherboard doesn't have one. The case usually does. You plug the speaker (in the case) into the connector on the motherboard, just like with the HDD LED, power switch, reset switch, etc.

The 900 doesn't have a speaker in the case like most cases do, which is why I was hoping I could find out where to go one locally so I can get my system up and running again.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Some motherboard come with a speaker as well, I dont mean built in I mean in the box.

Quote:

I have an old antec sonata case sitting around. Can I rip the speaker out of that? Where is it located

Dont know where it is but thats what i would do.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I don't believe your MB has one onboard. Check the manual for it to be sure... as it don't appear to physically have one in the newegg pics. Itr would look just like the pic in the link but soldered to the PCB near the pins for the speaker connections.
$2 http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html

That's exactly what I'm looking for but since I have a dead computer I'd like to get it locally if I could instead of waiting 5+ days. Would radioshack or fry's or something carry something like this?

Anyone idea what the voltage range on these things are? like I said I found something at radioshack that I could probably get to work, but I'd have to know the target voltage to know which one to get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts