Overclock.net banner

Antec 900 Painting/Watercooling Work log

6751 Views 28 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Cdpkook132
Edit: Changed to Work log:

Modifications:
Antec 900 Paint

Watercooling:
New Tubes/Coolant (UV Blue
Springs (pearl dont know if I am going to use them, shoulda got orange)
Watercool on GPU (Swiftech block with Zerotherm Heatsinks)
Before Temps:115 Degrees Celcius
UV Cold Cathodes

Paint Scheme: Acer G24 Inspired....
Orange with black accents (Maybe a stripe) on outside.
Black with Orange Accents
Blue UV Watercooling

Before:

Black Stock Outside. Nothing Special.
Running 5 120mm Fans +stock Big fan

Monitor presented a nice theme. Orange blue and black

Here is the Color on the front Bezel with Acer G24 in background. Final Coat and Clear Coat need to go on still.

Orange Is done. I will be working on taping everything off to do the inside tomorrow. Also going to be messing around with ideas for the outside. This is still no clear coat

The panels are all done except Some touch up on the orange and clear coat. The Chasis is getting its last coat and the tape is all coming off.

CPU is getting back on Tuesday so I should have it done by then to put everything back in this beast.

Pic of the empty chasis in orange a couple nights ago

Paint Complete. Turned out pretty good but not perfect. Get close enough and you can see some blemishes
. Put all the hardware back in a rebuilt everything minus the watercooling.

Cable Management is pretty much done. Looks pretty good considering all holes are stock.

Also Mounted the Waterblock and heat sinks on the GPU.

Got the tubes and everything in. Looks great. I am bleeding the system and checking for leaks right now. CPU should get here later today. Throw it in and boot it up!

Turned out great and kept me busy while my CPU was on RMA. Overall really like the final product and cant wait to see if my 4850 will drop from 115 degrees on the stock cooler.

Like I said. Sorry about the camera phone pics for now. I will get some better pics when my friend returns my camera.

Added some final pics...

The comp is running great @ 3.8GHZ and the watercooling on the GPU has been a its savior as is it was not going to last long at 115 degree temps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
3,591 Posts
Do a silver metallic color on the outside, and red/orange on the inside?

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Orange would look good somewhere because it clashes well with blue. Maybe have the inside orange and the outside the same blue as your UV tubes.

@ OP: Are you talking about Competition Orange for the muscle car look?

· Registered
3,591 Posts
Which paint, for spray paint you can get it anywhere ranging from Wal-Mart to, Ace Hardware.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you guys reading this? Went with orange and black. Black inside with some orange accents. blue UV and Leds and Blue tubes. The G24 monitor is the same orange with a blue LED power Led with black stand. Should match pretty damn good.

· Registered
569 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
Are you guys reading this? Went with orange and black. Black inside with some orange accents. blue UV and Leds and Blue tubes. The G24 monitor is the same orange with a blue LED power Led with black stand. Should match pretty damn good.
be sure to post some pics! i was thinkin of painting up my 1200 orange and keeping the inside black.

· Registered
137 Posts
GRRRRRRR
YOU BE STEPPING INTO MY TERRITORY KID!
but ya did the same colors
rustoleum painters touch white primer
rustoleum fluorescent orange (the darker one)
these make a great FLAT surface as in no gloss which i like
but you may want a glossy finish so your on your own
and i used black plasti dip for everything else and it turned out AMAZING
check sig for what it looks like

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my orange is definatley darker then that. Should look tight though I will get some pics up. Right now all I got is my phone till I get my camera back from a friend. I will post pics of it going together. Everyone knows what an empty chasis looks like being painted.

· Registered
3,591 Posts
+1 Looks awesome.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The panels are all done except Some touch up on the orange and clear coat. The Chasis is getting its last coat and the tape is all coming off.

CPU is getting back on Tuesday so I should have it done by then to put everything back in this beast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.