Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT** Can one of the mods please move this to the correct section... sorry lol.

Ok well i was sick of looking at my antec 900 and how dull it is just black, so i asked people and the forums about mod ideas. So after recieving some good feedback i decided to go for it.

Mods im planing on doing.
1) Custom Grill
2) 140 mm fans in grill
3) Paint
4) Improve cable management
5) Quiter PC
6) Remove LED Light (Annoy me because pc is in my room)
7) Clean up my desk lol (not related to the mod but it will be done lol ahahh)
8) Change side of bade on powersupply
9) Anything else i decide to do.

So heres my work log.

--------------------------------
Computer Orrig Pics / cable management. (One of the major things i wanted to fix.)

Okay, well i had done the yellow paint prior to starting the work log. So heres some images of how it turned out

BRIGHT !

What you think of the reflectivity

Top panel with fan grill on it !
the black and yellow looks nice

Fan in fan grill

Power Buttons USB etc.

Well, as all of oyu know in the 900 the power supply sits in the base of the case, so when you put your powersupply in the case all the badges of it, (I Mean like the name of the powersupply) Face the back of the case. And i like to show of what i have so i removed the sheet off the power supply and it on the opposite side
looks good.

Power Supply In Rear

Cable Management So Far.

Taping up to cut holes for cable management.

Cable Management holes cut

Masked up and painting stripes onto case sides.

Painted, Looks nice.

Front Panel Painted and put back on

Cable management

Cable Management back LOL
So amny cables so much tape lol

Okay sides on and Clear Acrylic sheet added onto side of case i really like how the clear sheet turned out !

Okay, well thats all ive got done, yeah i know there is no hard drive bays in but, im going to put my hard drives onto vibration silecers into the 5 1/2" drive bays, also with the leaked paint im getting some touch up paint. Also the front grill/new fans/Hard drive mounts should be arriving soon. so once that arrive i will do some more updates !

Pictures of grill im having cut at a laser cutter

Im really happy with how it turned out !

What you think ??

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Looking awesome, loving the colours

For hard drive vibration dampeners, I'm using some Revoltec Hard Drive Silencers, their very good and not too expensive ($13) but you need some airflow - a fan behind them works

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its Taken Quite a while, I'm still waiting for the grill to arrive, but yeah just the black stripes took the better part of a few hours, but im really happy with how it looks so far.

·
ZFS
4,084 Posts
Does OCN have case mod competitions anymore? Because this one is the best I've seen on OCN.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Does OCN have case mod competitions anymore? Because this one is the best I've seen on OCN."
Hahhaa nah they dont i was thinking about waiting untill they started a new one but oh well.

ahha and its not even finished yet still got a bit more to do although i already cleaned up my desk, .... well its getting there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
All that modding, sweet 20+ flatscreen, nice desk setup. and a $20 chair... Nah Im messing with ya, nice case man!! Im ordering a 900 soon myself.

I sit in a recliner with my screen offset to my right...sometimes its too comfortable...and its in my living room so my fiancee gripes when I have my headset on and dont listen to a word anyone is saying.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW thats a 22" Screen and i have to use the chair atm because my nice chair is downstrairs as my Parents are using it for some reason and are being mean lol. lol i have that many speakers you cant hear people

·
Registered
817 Posts
Very nice dude, great job so far!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.