Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which cable extensions do I need if I want to route the psu cables throughout the back? My graphics card doesn't need a 6 pin.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
You might not need any...just put the PSU + Mobo in and try it. Also, what PSU do you have?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Chances are you will have more than enough for a video card....

Its only when your running to the complete other side of the motherboard where you really start running outta cable.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
At most you might need a 20/24 pin main power extension and/or a 4/8 pin CPU extension. I had bought a kit having both when I bought my Antec TB-New 750, but never needed them. Newegg sells the Silverstone kit for $9.99.

·
Premium Member
9,986 Posts
put it in there, and see what cable aint long enough? i bet the cpu cable is not long enough, my corsair tx750 has un godly cable lenths as all you corsair people know, but cpu power is still to short to route behind to mobo pannel to the plug even in a mid tower lian li k62.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't test it because I don't have the case yet. so.... 24/20 Pin and 4/8 is all i need?

Thanks!!! :]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I managed to do the 8 pin mobo connector without an extension (I have the CM M620), wouldn't fit in first, but after some stressful attempts it now fits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts