Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this case and it used to be a alienware area-51? I never knew they used other cases. anyway it was ordered to be "Charcoal Black" Though it was actually grey. I'm planning on painting the whole thing black inside and out. I'll also be cutting the hard drive and floppy drive bays out and installing 120 mm fans there. I'll install the hard drive in the 5 inch bays at the top. I'm looking for any ideas to do. Im on a limited budget until I sell my old nzxt case.
smile.gif

·
Registered
731 Posts
Is it this case?

If so I have the same case I was thinking of doing something with.
The biggest issue is the case only fits 80mm fans so you may have to open up the front of the case and also do something with the rear fan opening. The airflow in the case is horrible.

Also do you have the full tower or mid-tower?

I am currently trying to figure out how to build a new rear panel so I can move the power supply to the bottom of the case. My other thoughts on that case is to replace the whole front panel with a black acrylic panel (personally I am sick of looking at the front of this case).
tongue.gif

If you need a new side panel they have them pretty cheap
http://www.zxmods.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=50X1732062&rnd=3643237&rrc=N&cip=24.209.61.95&pg=prod&ref=Chieftec+FullSize+Panels+Plain&cat=Chieftec

That is the full tower but there should be a link to the mid-tower as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

Is it this case?
If so I have the same case I was thinking of doing something with.
The biggest issue is the case only fits 80mm fans so you may have to open up the front of the case and also do something with the rear fan opening. The airflow in the case is horrible.
Also do you have the full tower or mid-tower?
I am currently trying to figure out how to build a new rear panel so I can move the power supply to the bottom of the case. My other thoughts on that case is to replace the whole front panel with a black acrylic panel (personally I am sick of looking at the front of this case).
tongue.gif

If you need a new side panel they have them pretty cheap
http://www.zxmods.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=50X1732062&rnd=3643237&rrc=N&cip=24.209.61.95&pg=prod&ref=Chieftec+FullSize+Panels+Plain&cat=Chieftec
That is the full tower but there should be a link to the mid-tower as well.
I have the full tower of that case but mine has 2 80mm instead of that 120 mm in the rear...Thats really nice lol I'm thinking of cutting the two drive bays out to replace with 120mm fans which will increase airflow ALOT. The power supply at the top is a smart idea and I'd keep it... It draws heat off the CPU(which rises to the top naturally) and throws it out the back and also if you mount it at the bottom the cpu and graphics card will suck up all the rising heat from the power supply. I actually bought my side panel off a freind who has 4 of these, two blue 1 black and 1 grey. lol he sold me a clear side panel for 6 bucks. Couldnt beat it. I just got the fans today so I'm gonna start cutting probably soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts