Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I thought I would share my first water cooling experience and a first time sleever as well. I've been reading these forums for awhile now and decided to show you guys and gals what I did during thanksgiving weekend. I only wish I had a better camera.

The size of the fittings and tubing are 3/8ID 1/2 OD. Ok so here's a list of stuff I used.

Chassis:
Antec Lanboy Air Yellow

Pumps and Fittings+Tubing+Coolant:
Swiftech MCP 655 (Variable)
16 Enzotech Compression fittings
5 Enzotech 45 Degree angled fittings
1 Enzotech Stop fitting (For Drain Port)
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit - Black Sparkle
Bitspower D5/MCP655 Pump Replacement Top Version Black
Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black CaseTop Water-Fill SET
Feser UV Reactive Yellow Tubing
Feser one UV Reactive Fluid Orange
Primoflex anti kink coils

Waterblocks+Reservoir+Radiator:
EK HF Supreme Nickel+Acetal
EK-FC460 GTX - Acetal + Nickel
Phobya Balancer 150 Black Nickel Reservoir
Thermochill TA120.3

Sleeving+Fans+Lighting+Misc:
MDPC-X (Yellow Sleeve+Shrink)
Akasa Viper 120mm
Sharpie Oil Based White Pen Paint
Demciflex Triple Radiator Filter
Lamptron 4 port power inverter
2X 8 inch UV CCFL

UN Designs Radiator Bracket

Antec Lanboy Air

Started off sleeving a PSU 24 pin extension cable, once I received my sleeving. The multicolored cables provided a challenge so I had to paint each cable white with the sharpie stick to avoid the opacity problem. The little bend peice of cardboard you see there is what I used to measure the heatshrink and cut it flat. That made all my heatshrink consistent in size and shape.

Once I had the feel for it I decided to sleeve the entire PSU. Yes I opened up the PSU and sleeved all the way inside. I removed 1 of the 8 pin wires to provide room in the PSU's opening since the sleeving caused the wired to be much thicker. I also cut the edge of the PSU's cable opening to make the round hole in to an oblong hole I'll try to get pictures of this later. The PSU is already installed and I would have to move some stuff around to get it.

I installed the Dressup Kit for the pump and mounted it on the bottom of the case. I also sleeved the extremely long cable of that pump and did some cable management on the floor of the case.

Shortly after I removed my old CPU heatsink and installed the HF Supreme.

Then I installed the GPU waterblock and backplate. Going to clean that dust later

I had difficulty installing the reservoir since I did not have a firewall like most cases. I custom made 2 brackets in order to mount the reservoir.

Dremelled a hole at the bottom to make a T-Line drain port

Installed the Radiator with the 3 Akasa Viper Fans on Pull Configuration

Installed the Lamptron Power inverter and then the Harddrive at the bottom.

I didn't have room for the harddrive enclosure anymore so I had to place it on the bottom with rubber feet to raise them so I could remove the drives out of the enclosure.

Some Cable management at the rear. Still Deciding if that's how I want my molex cables hence I have not sleeved it yet.

And there you have it, Antec Lanboy Water

I did a 24 hours leak test and found a pinhole leak on my Rad. I'm going to have to RMA it. Also I wasn't able to take pics of the lighting at night since I do not have enough UV CCFL's inside. I'm ordering more and I'll post more pics as I progress. This was all done i the past 7 days so I still have alot of work left to do. I also ran out of anti kink coils so I wasn't able to anti kink the tube from the Res->Pump.

Light it up!!

Leak is fixed. Ill post more pics later

·
Registered
169 Posts
Damn nice first posts and you listed all the parts that you used also. Your pics will make people contemplate getting a lanboy just for watercooling. Very well done.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Great looking and very efficient-looking loop. Nice and short, no tight bends or unnecessary fittings, etc. And it's almost a sin to hide all those beautiful cables like that.

Great job, now get that rad fixed! A little spot of JB Weld should do it. Rep+

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
+1
looks great, but too much yellow for my taste

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all. I did 4 months worth of research before I even attempted this. I also forgot to mention I used Plumbers tape on all the fittings, that stuff is amazing as far preventing leaks on any threaded area. I still need to add more lighting and I will probably borrow my brothers camera for better picture quality. And ram fans too

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm impressed, very nice build. I'm curious, would you have room to mount another radiator in the front like this and still be able to mount the hard drives?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
just to let you know right now... I HATE YOU! im about to water cool the same case lol
looks good tho! guess i gotta step it up with some mods. Glad to see ppl rocking the lanboy finally.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhc27 View Post
I'm impressed, very nice build. I'm curious, would you have room to mount another radiator in the front like this and still be able to mount the hard drives?

I did a plan for Dual loop as well. The floor of the case will be the 2nd radiator Position. It would have to be a 280 Radiator and the Hardrive and pump would have to be moved. Most likely the 2 pumps will be stacked underneath the reservoir and the reservoir would have to be moved up. The space where I placed the lamptron inverter would be the next location for the Hardrive Enclosure. The picture you are showing is just another way you can setup the rads but the fans make it really thick and its almost impossible to install another one on the other side. Look at the space between my radiator fans and the drain port you can see how much room is left. That area is square so no matter how you switch the rad from anywhere in that box you'll still only have so much room. Hence the best place for the next rad would be the floor, but its short and wide. So a 280mm rad is in order. Hope that helps.

Also at the very top of my radiator you'll see my CD-Rom that's how much room you have left.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by motoray View Post
just to let you know right now... I HATE YOU! im about to water cool the same case lol
looks good tho! guess i gotta step it up with some mods. Glad to see ppl rocking the lanboy finally.
lol <3 thank you.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Any chance if you would know if those fittings will fit next to each other (1/2in ID 3/4 OD) on a rasa waterblock? without 45 degree adapters?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Awesome build...I think I need to change my opinion on this case. How easy is it to work with?
The case was begging to be water cooled. My only gripe about it was there were too many screws, absurd amount of them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts