Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got on here today praising the Antec H2O 620 and how much I like it.

But within the last couple hours I've noticed a sound coming from the pump. The only way I can describe it is it sounds like a hard drive searching for a file. That quiet clicking sound.

I've read a couple other forums and people have mentioned air bubbles in the system. Some believe this happens when you mount the radiator with the tubing at the top rather than bottom which I believe is the traditional way for this system.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm brand new to this water thing and don't have a clue. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I am not sure if this is your situation, but once in a while I could hear the pump vibration through the case. If I tap the case it goes away.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13027086
So I just got on here today praising the Antec H2O 620 and how much I like it.

But within the last couple hours I've noticed a sound coming from the pump. The only way I can describe it is it sounds like a hard drive searching for a file. That quiet clicking sound.

I've read a couple other forums and people have mentioned air bubbles in the system. Some believe this happens when you mount the radiator with the tubing at the top rather than bottom which I believe is the traditional way for this system.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm brand new to this water thing and don't have a clue. Thanks!
Um... there should be no noise from the pump... it should be near silent [always be a very slight humming if you put your ear next to it] no matter what location / placement the radiator is in.. least the H70 pump which is the same iirc, makes no clicking noise.

Try moving the rad around.. maybe that'll deaden the noise, might be a picky orientation? :S

I'd contact Antec CS and see what they think. Most likely they'll facilitate an RMA.

Antec CS is great, you should have zero problems with them
smile.gif

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;13027157
Um... there should be no noise from the pump... it should be near silent [always be a very slight humming if you put your ear next to it] no matter what location / placement the radiator is in.. least the H70 pump which is the same iirc, makes no clicking noise.

Try moving the rad around.. maybe that'll deaden the noise, might be a picky orientation? :S

I'd contact Antec CS and see what they think. Most likely they'll facilitate an RMA.

Antec CS is great, you should have zero problems with them
smile.gif
Might come to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf;13027166
pumps do make some noise, my h50 made the noise your describing, maybe it is just normal operation?
It's definitely not normal. The first 24hours, dead silent. Perfect. Now it's a constant noise that I can hear outside the case. And it's definitely coming from the pump.

I've turned the radiator the 180 degrees so we'll see if that helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrossbyte;13027220
Might come to that.

It's definitely not normal. The first 24hours, dead silent. Perfect. Now it's a constant noise that I can hear outside the case. And it's definitely coming from the pump.

I've turned the radiator the 180 degrees so we'll see if that helps.
I just pulled the trigger on this Antec Kuhler too, should be with me on friday what are your impressions cooling wise, can you post idle and load temps ur getting please???

edit: just checked out ur other thread, thanx anyway

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the reply to my trouble ticket I just received from Antec...

After further checking...

The pump itself should make a little noise, (after all, it is circulating liquid). When the pump is first connected, there will also be a little noise for ~1 min as some of the air works its way through the system. Ideally, Q-fan should be disabled for the CPU fan, since the pump uses its own sensor to regulate fan speed. I hope this helps...

if that setting and change does not work, please try removing the radiator block..when it's cold, and shake it for a little bit have air bubble to circulate around actual radiator and see if the noise lessen.

Also, please make sure all fan assembly is tightly screwed into the framing of the case...the make also occur during certain RPM of the pump and fan.

Let us know.

thank you!

I'll give it a shot but I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey what happened I thing Im having the same problem
and its just pissing me off I feel like have a of those old pumps for aquariums ..
or super noisy HDD like the noise an hdd makes when its starts just louder and 24/7
eek.gif
eek.gif

at least it feels like my fans are super silent
biggrin.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts