Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I got a Nvidia 8800GTX the ultimate room heater card. It make that whole case heat up like crazy and that also make the CPU get hotter! So on monday i was so damn bored in class so i start surfing the net looking for random stuff and i found this Antec Super Cyclone blower which cost only $9, so i pretty much order it straight away. 2 days later the fan arrive i kinda expect it to looks like a cheaply made product but i was wrong! It looks professionally good quality made.

the Fan it self runs on 4 pin MOLEX straight from power supply, theres a switch where you can adjust the fan speed, on low you cant hear it at all, on medium you can just hear it if you really try to listen and on high it makes abit of noise but its no louder than my case fan on high. And when fitted its very easy to reach the switch

This is the air flow in the case with out the blower (i found out using cigaret smokes)

as you can see most of the exhaust from that card blow right back into the case and it gets suck into the intake again.

This is the airflow with the blower fitted

even on low setting it was more than enough to suck all the hot air out of the case.

so i did a couple minute of GPU test using the latest OCCT program and i was surprise how affective the blower is!

this is the test result without blower (case fan on medium)

and this is the test result with the blower on low (case fan on medium)

do you see how affective it is for $9? If you want to cool down your GPU for cheap this is definitely the way to go

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Wow very nice! Ive never seen my card ever get that hot. Hottest I can get it too is ~65c. Antec 900 FTW!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You have only one drive bay taken up. Drop your DVD/CD drive to the lowest bay and get a Kama Bay in there, it will only help your airflow.

I wish I could use something like that Antec Super Blower but my Powercolors fan would line right up with it.

pink

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
You have only one drive bay taken up. Drop your DVD/CD drive to the lowest bay and get a Kama Bay in there, it will only help your airflow.

I wish I could use something like that Antec Super Blower but my Powercolors fan would line right up with it.

pink
yea but if i put a fan there it will give better flow for the CPU not much on the graphic card cos its way at the bottom, and it will still suck the hot exhaust back in anyway

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDIT_COROLLA View Post
yea but if i put a fan there it will give better flow for the CPU not much on the graphic card cos its way at the bottom, and it will still suck the hot exhaust back in anyway
Airflow is airflow...

As long as adding another fan somewhere doesn't disrupt the flow through the case (generally front intake thru to back/top exhaust) like side panel fans do, then the extra CFM can't do anything but help temps.

With that in mind, remember that have negative air pressure in the case (more exhaust CFM than intake CFM) usually gets you slightly better temps too.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCBrown.CA View Post
Airflow is airflow...

As long as adding another fan somewhere doesn't disrupt the flow through the case (generally front intake thru to back/top exhaust) like side panel fans do, then the extra CFM can't do anything but help temps.

With that in mind, remember that have negative air pressure in the case (more exhaust CFM than intake CFM) usually gets you slightly better temps too.
good point there, well im very happy with this result right now

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
id like something like that.ive seen some before but looked very cheap=noisy but if you say its quite that will do me.
can you see a model number on it?

love your black case i am painting mine at the weekend.

oh just seen the date.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Lol I had one of these in an old aspire case with a 7800GTX 7 years ago...surprised people just now acknowledging them...

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,888 Posts
I had air flow probs with my cheap case. I took out 2 5.25" bay covers and put in a Hex Mesh insert with a 80mm LED Fan set to intake. Straight shot back to the CPU Heatsink. Then have a 120MM on the Heatsink and a 120mm Set to out on the back. Passive cooling on my GPU and unfortunatley until I get my window Mod done no side intake for the GPU. Thats Xiggy DK is so big I had to remove the side intake fan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Day,
Thanks for the post a very cost effective way of keeping the case temperature down and thanks for reminding me not to get fixated on cooling I was surfing looking for a cooling solution when I came across your post. This I think illustrates what a great resourse OVERCLOCK.net is, thanks again for posting this information it is a great help. Thanks to the overclockers for testing component quality so i dont have to.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,243 Posts
Never realized this was a dual slot cooler. Nice job. Looking to get one myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts