Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Dunno man, stop pioneering lol

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could anyone recommend me a model/brand of anti-glare films (any usage almost) so i can use it on the side window of my Enthoo Pro.
Has it already be done before ?
Will i need to apply it on the inside or outside (or both?) ?

Please try to recommend me models/brands that are available through amazon FRANCE or UK (if shippable to france)

also VOTE (for fun pls lol)

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
subbed

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
subbed

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

subbed
Ditto.

The window needs to be removed, and the coating goes on the outside of the window (it obviously wouldn't stop glare if it was on the inside) and is applied to the edge so the end of the coating is not visible. Companies like Photodon make anti-glare coatings for monitors which can easily be applied to the side window - http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Personally, though, I would simply take the window out and spray it with a satin finish clear coat so it is even and has no possibility for dust bubbles under the coating.

Pretty simple question.

And I am sure you can find brands that ship to France.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Ditto.

The window needs to be removed, and the coating goes on the outside of the window (it obviously wouldn't stop glare if it was on the inside) and is applied to the edge so the end of the coating is not visible. Companies like Photodon make anti-glare coatings for monitors which can easily be applied to the side window - http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

Personally, though, I would simply take the window out and spray it with a satin finish clear coat so it is even and has no possibility for dust bubbles under the coating.

Pretty simple question.

And I am sure you can find brands that ship to France.
Maybe the satin finish is good but i guess it's pretty hard to foresee the results on a glass-like texture. I think i will stick to the film and maybe get some help from the local PC shop.

Also please provide something that can be shoped from the place i pointed out out in the original post.

·
Premium Member
27,411 Posts
Will be interesting to see what other suggestions we get.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
So far, the suggestion in post #6 seems to be the best since you can order samples from the linked vendor to see how well they would work for your application before shelling out serious shekels for a full size sheet that may or may not work.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe i'll try contacting some suppliers, but don't expect the thread to be updated by me anytime soon for that matter.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadjinnSayan View Post

Maybe i'll try contacting some suppliers, but don't expect the thread to be updated by me anytime soon for that matter.
I'm sorry to see you say the part in bold. The reason you haven't seen much activity here is the subject is one that hasn't appeared very often before, if at all (I've never seen it before), not because people do not want to help. I didn't participate in the poll because I do not know enough to know if your idea is a good one or not so I have no basis for making an accurate choice. None of this means that no one is interested in what you do find out; I, for one, have been watching this thread to see if any one does come up with a way to prevent glare on a side window since my next case will have one (my two current cases do not).

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadjinnSayan View Post

Pioneering is serious business lol, i'm not in a hurry for that one though
Whew! I thought you were going away mad at us.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i'm mad when my GPU is melting and i dont get help for the fans, but i guess a few reflections are a less important matter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts