Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to looking at my kid's nebulizer air tubing the other day and thought, "this would make great water tubing for my gaming rig". This tubing is very flexible "unlike the crap that came with my TT SE unit" and look at this photo of the inside. I have a garden hose made the same way and you can fold it double but water still flows. I've been contacted by the company that manufactures this tubing and I'm waiting for them to let me know of their avalible sizes. Hopefully they will have the sizes we water cooled users need. I'll update when I recive more info on this.

• Rep+
Reactions: pauldovi

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
sweet looking, but how restrictive is it to the water flow..? if its not very restrictive.... theres your little online buisness!!!

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

sweet looking, but how restrictive is it to the water flow..? if its not very restrictive.... theres your little online buisness!!!

Hopefully restriction will not be compromised. I'm having samples sent to me so I'll test them and post my findings then.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I just learned all about viscosity of luquid in physics. For those of you who are unaware, viscosity is the internal friction, or resistance to flow, of a fluid. I am going to research some low viscosity additives for water, to see if I can increase the flow of my system. You may want to look into that as well as this great looking tubing.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me Pauldovi, let me know what you find.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i would also be interested in seeing what you find pauldovi! Do you think you could find something that can withstand temps below -40C ?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxter

i would also be interested in seeing what you find pauldovi! Do you think you could find something that can withstand temps below -40C ?

Only time will tell... i will get back to you guys shortly with my findings. I will probably post it in a new thread.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Viscosity-reduction for water is actually quite easy - but the additives usually used result in lots of foam that will damage your pump and act as an insulator. You will have to find something more cooling-friendly.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Obviously testing will prove it out, but my main concern would be the differences in viscosity between water and air. You may be able to fold the tubing over and still get air through in sufficient quantities but I have a sneaky suspicion that while water may still pass through, you are going to see a huge drop in flow rate. I'm looking forward to see what the outcome is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts