Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What anti virus do you use? Usually when something goes wrong in a game the first thing people ask is about anti virus. I want to know the one with the less resources and that is great, ( i know its down to kaspersky and nod32) also that it doesn't interfere with game play. What anti virus do you use?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I use AVG free, i have used it for years.. works good for me. But i know plenty of people who use nod32, or avira or something.. Im sure most of these are pretty good.

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
Mse

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
I have used Avira for some time now

Avira, in one of the most recent roundups, caught 99.3% of potential viruses. AVG caught only around 96% (for freebies... Avast caught i believe the test showed about 93%)

It also is quite fast and is not a CPU hog like Norton, and other anti virus software

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Its microsoft security essentials, and its lightweight, fast, and best of all, free.
If you hate microsoft for some reason, go for Avast 5.

·
Initializing...
23,794 Posts
Been running NOD32 for a long time now uses less resource and it does its job.

AVG Free and Avast is great also.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth0789
View Post

AVG Free and Avast is great also.

+1. By far the best antivirus I've ever used and it's always done what it's suppose to do.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6
View Post

He wants a anti-virus that doesn't interfere with game play. So it does have something to do with PC games lol

I suppose ^^

There's quite a few threads in the Software section about AV that have been created recently you might want to check out.

Most decent AV these days are pretty low on the resources, especially seen as people's PCs become more powerful. As long as you don't set a schedule scan while you're playing, you're good.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth0789
View Post

Nod32 is an amazing AV program...But if you want free go with MSE....no reason to use Avast or AVG anymore.

MSE is great btw, I have tried all the free AV programs on my laptop and that is without a doubt the only true free AV program that works as its suppose.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
AVG Free 9.0 is what ive been using. Its been great. I use my PC mainly for gaming.

·
System *****
2,527 Posts
kaspersky is very high on resources and drains your comp. Do not get that if your a big gamer, go with avast or nod32

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
I used AVG Free for years, but I just recently switched over to a combo of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (for occasional scans). I do like MSE better than AVG. It's less obtrusive, lightweight, and does the job well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts