Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large supply of older computere parts which I have no use for.

Theparts are from 386 systems to P3 systems, would anyone have interest in me posting a listing of the parts in the Advertising section for anyone to buy and cheap prices?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I need a P2 motherboard and might be interested in some P3 hardware

I will post a listing of my parts in the advertising section after I finsh my homework, in the posting I will include a link to descriptions of all of the hardware.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

use all of em to fold lol

I don't have the RAM or OS's needed to run these systems, plus my wie would kill me if I had more than one computer setup and running at once.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I know the problems with older hardware, I can't find accurate product information for most of teh devices, so when I do the listing I will include pictures and you can ask specifics if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Now I know the problems with older hardware, I can't find accurate product information for most of teh devices, so when I do the listing I will include pictures and you can ask specifics if you are interested.

When can I see this list?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

When can I see this list?

right now I am having some problem finding product iunformation online, do you think I should just post the product names and #'s with pictures or wait and try to have in depth info for each?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

right now I am having some problem finding product iunformation online, do you think I should just post the product names and #'s with pictures or wait and try to have in depth info for each?

As long as you know what the part is (i.e.; network adapter, modem, PCI video card), with a model number, that should be enough. If you also have have manufacturer and a pic, that would be great.

My guess is that model number is the most important thing to id the parts.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

As long as you know what the part is (i.e.; network adapter, modem, PCI video card), with a model number, that should be enough. If you also have have manufacturer and a pic, that would be great.

My guess is that model number is the most important thing to id the parts.

For two of the mobos I cannot find a number on them that I can find info on the net from, but hopefully I will be able to post the listing tonight with picts.

Also as a FYI, I have not tested most of these parts so if you do purchase them and they do not work I would be glad to refund the payment amount.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

I got some stuff too! I will post my stuff too!

If you have any old RAM, then with both of our parts someone can build a great P2..lol

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

I got about 2GB total (like many 128s few 256s and like 3 64s and 2 32s.)

They will like us from these posts, I will try to have mine up tonight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts