Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see my system there which is running at 3.05ghz very stable. Prime stable I might add. The thing is I have a personal goal of 3.2ghz and maybe one day 3.5. Thing is no matter what I do i cannot get it past about 440 FSB and have it stable.

It wont even post. Here are the settings I tried just to see if I could suicide boot it and they didint work. My current Vcore is 1.456 and I think it was stable at 1.45 before too but either way thats whats its at now.

Heres what I've tried all at once to get it post

450FSB
FSB Termination at 1.5
(G) MCH voltage the highest setting i think it was 1.77 NB/SB But i cant remember.
RAM at 2.2v tried at 5-5-5-15 and at 4-4-4-12 and no luck
Vcore at all the way up to a 1.7 to test once.

I think thats all the settings I had. My Current max load is around 55 temp so I want to go a little higher.

Please I have the same stuff Pook had but he got 3.61 then fired his board lol. I know it cant be the ram becuase I have a screenshot of my ram reaching speeds of 575mhz+ on a 2:3 ratio.

Any suggestions would be loved. Lol will love you long time if I can get to at least 3.2

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
440 prime stable without Northbrismods is actually quite respectable. I'm having boot issues at 440 myself. I cannot keep my own chip cool enough to really be able to push it. It's under water and hits mid 70's in coretemp at 1.525Vcore and 3.8GHz. (423x9) I'm not willing to push it past 80C to get to 3.9. The heat these damn things put off is unreal.

So, uh, it looks like your FSB has run out of steam, just like all the others.

Vmod anyone?

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
All E6300 can reach 500fsb from what I've seen.

Thing is that usually motherboard manufacturers implement some sort of performance feature for the system to squeeze every once of performance but those added features need to be turned off (disabled if you will) for when reaching a certain fsb speed.

There's also the voltage, there's a voltage change in my P5B Deluxe, from 4.25v to 2.40v which that 0.05v will make a difference when I try to reach more than DDR2 1200. So maybe your Biostar does have a Vc or Vdimm droop.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
ok first off i would try the volt modd on your vdimm that way you can get higher then 2.15 whcih is what its prob at right now, its very easy ill get the link

second you should leave fsb term voltage in auto or the lowest setting

third for 440 fsb you shouldn't need more then the lowest mch voltage or bumb it up one notch should work for ya
ok heres the vdimm mod its really easy and all you need is a 10kohm variable resister and i think you can use the 20kohm or 50 kohm also, i used the 10kohm little blue guys that radio shack sells\\
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=29

theres also a pencil mod (i jsut dont like pencil mods myself)
http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/e107_plug...hp?content.390

i like the variable resister becasue i can fine tune the ram voltage, mines at 2.32 right now and i can go in and raise it or lower it, at full resistance it sits at the stock of 2.15 because of the jumper

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I highly doubt its my memory since this is pretty good stuff, so what do you think it is then? Your right, my computer is running fine on 1.456 Vcore and lower mch voltage i think its 1.14. What possibly could it be coming from another 965pt owner? You have got yours higher than mine so what could it be. I will add a volt mod on my ram later maybe becuase its good stuff and can handle it.

Although for now what could it be...I would love to have 500 FSB....3.5ghz would be so kickass...

EDIT: Also i just recently installed speedfan and it says

Temp1:127C

*** is that?????? That cant be right

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
i know that your ram is good its jsut that its rated at what 2.1 to 2.2 volts at ddr2 800 so your prob pushing it trying to go more then 440 on 2.15 vdimm, just an assumption, other then that i dont kknow much else that can get you higher except more vcore, which week/rev cpu do you have

that temp reading is a aux temp and i think its just a extra one that doesnt really read anything, i would jsut ignore it, thats the exact same i get on my board

umm did you try disabling all the cpu options atleast the c1e support and vanderpool crap,

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok first things first no i didint disable any of those options or anything. I dunno what they or where they are

Ok ehres what I did. I really didnt get it stable at any higher but I did get it go post at 475 FSB. I got into windows and it frooze and shut down. But before it wouldnt even post soo.

Ok anyway I did what you said and lowered my FSB term to 1.2. I tested various times getting farther in windows with each lower of the FSB. The last setting I tried was 460 FSB and I got onto overclock.com and was about reayd to click this post only for it to freeze. So im currently only at 450FSB

So what now?

EDIT: I disabled every CPU option in the advanced options. And loosend my timings and upped my vcore once again to 5-5-5-15. It seems to be stable at 450 FSB now..where it wasnt before. I tried 475 at first but no dice. It let me post but didint even start to load windows

another edit: was browsing another thread to notice that I also have one of the L627A versions that are supposed to be good....right? That way I know that it isnt a bad chip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts