Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just set this system up should be in my info but if not its a AMD 3.1 triplecore unlocked to a phenom x4 b45 mobo is ASUS M4A77T/USB3 ram is adata ddr3 1600

kept same multiplier at 15.5x bus is at 250, Ht at 2000, CPU-Z is showing cpu speed of 3875mhz and core volts at 1.384 (its on auto). ram runnin at 833.4mhz atm

just wanting to know if these settings are good or if i got the HT wrong or something....pretty good overclock so far...going for new cpu cooler soon still on stock so runnin a bit warm (53C idle while OC 40C idle at stock)

other question is...ram timings...i got it set at 9-9-9-24-33 like it shoud be (not sure about the 33 thats auto)...but there are like 20 other settings below those that i cant figure out what to set to...or should i just leave em on auto? posted pic of cpuz figures so u can see
LL

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would definitly wait for the new cooler before overclocking but thats a personnal choice
. Have you ran any stress tests such as prime 95 or occt ? I'm not sure but I think the vcore could be a little bit higher. I'm no expert tho, just tryin to help...

·
4GHz
1,767 Posts
Don't touch what you don't know is a pretty good rule of thumb

Make sure, y'know, that you're stable before going on and pushing the limits even further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
havent ran any stress test....temp is just too high to wanna try it...even at stock it gets up to 59C under full load when i was testing the 4th core..so will just have to wait till i get a new cooler....dropped back down to stock speeds for now.

·
4GHz
1,767 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantstain View Post
havent ran any stress test....temp is just too high to wanna try it...even at stock it gets up to 59C under full load when i was testing the 4th core..so will just have to wait till i get a new cooler....dropped back down to stock speeds for now.
Well, you can't know until you try, of course. Not going to magically kill your CPU if it's above 70 for a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts