Overclock.net banner

Any big drone users here?

3662 13
I am looking to get into a prosumer drone this year, basically waiting to see if DJI releases any major improvements with a Phantom 5 that hopefully comes out Oct/Nov or if an updated Mavic has a real camera sensor on it, otherwise I will likely grab a Phantom 4 Pro at a minor discount.

I love the idea of the mavic with portability (especially if ever traveling), but I think the quality of the camera is more important and unless they basically provide the new P4P camera on an upcoming mavic revision I will have to pass on it.
I do not want buyers remorse in the sense of thinking "these photos look good, maybe even great, but certainly not outstanding."
I also want to just jump in and grab a top-tier quality drone and not waste money on a middle market one to then find myself buying the high end again later.

Just curious who out here already has experience with some high end drones for photography and video.
I would imagine a few of you have a P3P, P4, or P4P.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· d[ o_0 ]b
7,424 Posts
ive played with a good bit of drones but personally dont own one. im happy with just about all the DJI ones over the past few generations. ive been happy with the live stream quality of the mavic. ive worked with the phantom a few times when i first got started working with other drone owners and its a fun starter drone with impressive abilities for the price and camera which i always just slapped gopros on it but even the one with its own camera stock was impressive. overall the mavic is the one i like all around although the inspire 2 is pretty wicked as well. i know some people that were happy with their gopro karma after recall and other issues but i have trouble wanting to use one because it feels unreliable from a bad launch. i dont have experience personally with the other brands. i have a friend that has a freefly and LOOOOVES it but i have not been able to check it out but also that is camera sold separate and i think can hold most DSLR's and small cine cameras

if i was going to buy myself a drone and stop using my friends id grab a mavic but the phantoms have also been reliable and a joy to use

· d[ o_0 ]b
7,424 Posts
lately improvements have been more on the drone features than the cameras. i wouldnt expect major camera improvements unless someone just comes out with a completely legit game changer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.