Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there were any typical or common issues when overclocking a X2 5000+ Windsor. I've heard they aren't as stable as Brisbanes?

The chip is on the GA-MA78GM-US2H board is that means anything.

Also what is going to be a rough limit for this chip on either air or liquid?

-Thanks

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
replica pretty much summed it up, you'll pretty much be looking at 3.1-3.3ghz

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think water you may get like 3.2 or so with alot of vcore. From when I had a 4400 and a 5600 it had more to do with the motherboard then anything. Anyways good luck 3.0 i think would be a good target!

·
M2N Fan
2,866 Posts
I've had mine up to 3211ghz on air.thats as high as I was willing to go as I'm not sure of max volts the windsors can stand being 1.25v stock(I would think 1.4v would be max when compared to the brisbanes 1.35v stock and people running at 1.5v)
here is my setup at 3.2 ([email protected])(1.300v in bios)
and at 3.0([email protected])(1.2750v in bios)
your voltages may differ from mine but you should easily get 3.0

hope that helps some

Gyro

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFL Replica
View Post

The brisbanes don't really OC significantly further (despite being 65nm) and they also have a fubar core temperature sensor and are slower than windsors clock for clock. Generally you'd be reaching around 3-3.2GHz on air.

The Brisbanes are only slower than F3 Windsors (Very slight difference due to memory latency) or Windsors with 2mb cache

As far as overclocking goes, I believe they're the same except Windsors run hotter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.