Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks...just took the plunge from Blackberry to Android and will be receiving a S2 next week.

Wondering what apps are out there that are must-haves for an android n00b. I will be using my phone as a video player frequently during commutes so anything audio/video related suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Look on here, look on google, or on any forum in the past 5 years.

"What are must-have android apps?"

"Must have apps for the EVO?"

They're all the same. There are a bunch of app review/recommendation sites/threads out there.

I don't get why you'd ask...

Unless you wanted to just show off that you're getting an S2, in which, congrats!

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
I like PowerAMP, not free though.

Apps:
Titanium Backup
Amazon Market
DropBox
Astro
Barcode Scanner
Chrome to Phone
Tapatalk
Shazam
XDA

Games:
Angry Birds
Cut The rope
Meganoid
Alchemy

Just a few off the top of my head that I use frequently.

Just use the search function. There's literally a million of these threads on OCN, and well everywhere as well .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I know Google exists and I have sifted through some articles about essential android apps but thought "The peeps over at OCN would shed some light on unknown gems".
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedSushi87
View Post

Look on here, look on google, or on any forum in the past 5 years.

"What are must-have android apps?"

"Must have apps for the EVO?"

They're all the same. There are a bunch of app review/recommendation sites/threads out there.

I don't get why you'd ask...

Unless you wanted to just show off that you're getting an S2, in which, congrats!

Why wouldn't you ask? This is a good site to get information, and as you can see, it's his first Android phone... No one wants to go through thousands of pages to find some essential apps.
Overall, Android is very, very customizable to where you can add whatever you want to it, starting with Widgets...

Slickdeals RSS Feeds Widget..
uTorrent Remote...
Battery Meter Widget
Tap-a-Talk... for this forum mainly...
More animated wallpaper - I personally like the Galaxy animated wallpaper...

Also as a new owner of this beast, is there an app that takes advantage of the dual core on this phone? something more CPU intensive to show off it's power?

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
My essential apps are:

K-9 Email
Touchdown email (for exchange)
poweramp (Music)
Handcent (SMS)
ROM Manager (if you root)
Swiftkey X (Keyboard)

I will update with more shortly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts