Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on getting my rig ready for the CC coming up in a few days, and I am quite inexperienced in the realm of folding. I have always just had things 'working,' but this time around I want to try and get them working well. Err, or as much as possible.

I know the gtx 680 is still quite new, and the support for it in the [email protected] client is a fairly recent development. I should probably just be happy that it is working, and I am. But I just want to see if I can squeeze a bit more ppd with perhaps some config tweaks and get the setup as optimized as possible.

For now the only flag I am running for my SLI 680s is the 'client-type beta', which is needed to get them folding. In the Control piece of the [email protected] client the highest I have seen my SLI 680s output is 32k PPD. Is there anything else I can do to maybe get more performance out of these cards? Or is this all SLI 680s are capable of with the level of support for them at this current point in time?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Check out this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1248787/any-news-on-680-folding. It provides a good link by juano in the second post that might be able to help you. The 680 is capable of folding but the points (in my opinion) are not where they will be in the end. RIght now it is using the fermi core which is not optimized for folding. Glad to see non 24/7 folders gearing up for the chimp challenge. We need to take gold!!

·
!
9,170 Posts
I haven't seen anything new since I posted that and I'd expect that that is as good as it's going to get without a new core, but I haven't been following the 680 very closely so I could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts