Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, Yes I'm new to the over clocking scene. But I jsut moved from Va to Nj and since I don't haev a car anymore I fiqure it would be nice to throw all of my productive energy into something like this. Modding my computer. Seems like a nice group of people here adn I thank you all for the very helpful explinations that were previously stated on this site. Now to buisness. This is my current set up:

-Mobo, A-bit "NF-S" nForce2
-Proccessor, AMD Mobile +2500 1.8::OC'ed 2.5 152x16 vCore 1.6v. Idle temp 39C Load 42C.
-Vid Card,Evga 6800gt 256 meg (not oc'ed need some help with that)
Would like to get that to a Ultra or higher threshold.
-PSU,Antec 480watt "True 480"
-Ram, 2x512 Corsair
-The cooling scenario is as follows, Coolermaster Waverunner case with a Thermaltake 12 Valcano CPU Fan.

Any input would be willing accepted. Just an apprentice looking for a master so to speak
. I don't think I did to bad for my first time though! Thanks Guys!

**Edit**

3DMark Score 17747 3D marks

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pggu2003

Ok guys, Yes I'm new to the over clocking scene. But I jsut moved from Va to Nj and since I don't haev a car anymore I fiqure it would be nice to throw all of my productive energy into something like this. Modding my computer. Seems like a nice group of people here adn I thank you all for the very helpful explinations that were previously stated on this site. Now to buisness. This is my current set up:

-Mobo, A-bit "NF-S" nForce2
-Proccessor, AMD Mobile +2500 1.8::OC'ed 2.5 152x16 vCore 1.6v. Idle temp 39C Load 42C.
-Vid Card,Evga 6800gt 256 meg (not oc'ed need some help with that)
Would like to get that to a Ultra or higher threshold.
-PSU,Antec 480watt "True 480"
-Ram, 2x512 Corsair
-The cooling scenario is as follows, Coolermaster Waverunner case with a Thermaltake 12 Valcano CPU Fan.

Any input would be willing accepted. Just an apprentice looking for a master so to speak
. I don't think I did to bad for my first time though! Thanks Guys!

**Edit**

3DMark Score 17747 3D marks

Good Setup
For the vid card ocing, youi will find the Vid Card Ocing guide on the main page.

Also Are you running PC3200 RAM, I would recommend getting the highest PCI level RAM possible to get extra legroom for Ocing, and possibly a higher output PSU to give the additional powere needed to safely OC your system.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Coolbits is good for the graphics card. You can mod this bios of the GT and give it some more voltage but if your using standard cooling I'd leave it for now.

The 6800's are pretty poor at 3dmark01 for some reason. I use aquamark 3 for testing and 3dmark03 & 05.

The Artic cooler NV5 is worth the cash and keeps the temps down even if you do up the voltage a little.

• Rep+
Reactions: pggu2003

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Veryu good effort but ...
Why are you using 152X16? You can crank up the FSB big time from there and drop the multiplyer!!! You should be able to get at least a 210Mhz FSB and more zip outa that rig.

• Rep+
Reactions: pggu2003

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Veryu good effort but ...
Why are you using 152X16? You can crank up the FSB big time from there and drop the multiplyer!!! You should be able to get at least a 210Mhz FSB and more zip outa that rig.

yeah man.....drop and crank!!!!!!!!!lol

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
You will get better performance with a higher FSB (like Duke said).

Try your multi at 10, and FSB at 200. Keep an eye on your temps. Then start raiseing your FSB by 2-4 increments at a time untill your temp gets to 55 or the system runs unstable.
On the temp side Im not sure what the danger area is on Mobiles, but 55c is safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay,

I took in the suggestions and here is what I have created. My oc is now 2.5 @ 210x12.5 Vcore is still at 1.625 if I try to raise it to 1.65 my computer doesnt like to boot then I have to reset the cmos and start again freash and new. I imagine that is probably due to my PSU lacking the bulge? I tried coolbits, I tried Rivatuner, and I tried some other one. but this program "Powerstrip" seems to be pretty good at the oc'ing scene. It has my vid card 400Mhz and 1140 for the mem. Not to shabby I reckon its ever so slightly above the 6800 ultra wich is all I Was concerend with. The card is runnin at abou 66C under extreme load. The Processor is running at about 49C under extreme load. All and all I imagine it isnt to bad for me first time! Thanks for the help guys. Please feel free to continue with the great ideas. Soon as I fiqure out this rep thing I'll slap some rep points on yas!

Ty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts